Same diet/excercise plan going great for months, now suddenly I'm starving!?

Options
2»

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    ZLARZ wrote: »
    I've got about 15-20 lbs left to lose.
    Just so crazy I used to never get hungry but now I'm so hungry in between meals. I'm having to do more workouts at the end of the day to burn off the cals I ate for snacks. Healthy snacks tho.

Should I up my daily cal? It's been working do well til recently... :(

I second the suggestion to take a short break. Read into it and see what is suggested, but my personal suggestion is to eat like 1500 calories for a week and don't go over exercising to compensate, let your body have the extra fuel. That number *shouldnt* be higher than your maintenence, any gain would be water then you can get back to your plan. But you likely do need to slow down loss, everyone is correct that as you lose your body has less to draw from and will rebel against extreme deficits.
  • ZLARZ
    ZLARZ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would agree with others, it's always easier to eat less calories in the beginning because your body starts eating your fat stores, once those are depleted your body needs more fuel. Also if you've become more active than you were in the past, your body requires more fuel as well. I think 1200 is too low for most people. Up your calories don't be afraid to, just up them with the appropriate foods! Lean protein, veggies, healthy fats like almonds, avocado, things like that.

I would suggest calculating your TDEE here is a good calculator:
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

From there, determine how many less calories you need to eat to create a deficit. A lb = 3,500 calories. So if your goal is to lose 1 lb a week you would want to divide 3,500 by 7 days in a week (500 cals) and subtract that from your TDEE.

ie. My TDEE is 2161, I want to lose 1.5 lbs a week. I take that in cals (5,250) divide that by 7 days in a week for my daily cal deficit (750). Then subtract that from my TDEE 1411 calories.

These aren't hard and fast rules and everything works out better on paper so take it with a grain of salt, but should give you a better idea of how many calories you really should aim for. And 2 lbs a week is pretty difficult, especially when you only have 15-20lbs to lose. I would aim for 1-1.5 at the most. Too much too fast is not good for you.

Another thing to note, your a woman in your 30s, I notice that when it's close to my cycle, there is never enough food in my belly! Your hormones control your life a lot! Drink plenty of water, properly fuel your body and you'll get those 15-20 lbs off in no time!

Good luck to you!

I've never heard of this. I went to link and it said mine is 1749. So what do I do next. Sorry.so new to all this...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    ZLARZ wrote: »
    I would agree with others, it's always easier to eat less calories in the beginning because your body starts eating your fat stores, once those are depleted your body needs more fuel. Also if you've become more active than you were in the past, your body requires more fuel as well. I think 1200 is too low for most people. Up your calories don't be afraid to, just up them with the appropriate foods! Lean protein, veggies, healthy fats like almonds, avocado, things like that.

I would suggest calculating your TDEE here is a good calculator:
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

From there, determine how many less calories you need to eat to create a deficit. A lb = 3,500 calories. So if your goal is to lose 1 lb a week you would want to divide 3,500 by 7 days in a week (500 cals) and subtract that from your TDEE.

ie. My TDEE is 2161, I want to lose 1.5 lbs a week. I take that in cals (5,250) divide that by 7 days in a week for my daily cal deficit (750). Then subtract that from my TDEE 1411 calories.

These aren't hard and fast rules and everything works out better on paper so take it with a grain of salt, but should give you a better idea of how many calories you really should aim for. And 2 lbs a week is pretty difficult, especially when you only have 15-20lbs to lose. I would aim for 1-1.5 at the most. Too much too fast is not good for you.

Another thing to note, your a woman in your 30s, I notice that when it's close to my cycle, there is never enough food in my belly! Your hormones control your life a lot! Drink plenty of water, properly fuel your body and you'll get those 15-20 lbs off in no time!

Good luck to you!

I've never heard of this. I went to link and it said mine is 1749. So what do I do next. Sorry.so new to all this...

Change your goal on MFP to 1 lb per week. Use part of the extra calories to allow yourself a treat every day, and see if that helps you eliminate the cheat day.