Can you get rid of cellulite?

Options
I am 5'6 and 140 lbs and it seems like I have always had a little cellulite on the back of my legs. I am 20 years old and haven't had kids yet, and even though I am trying to loose weight, I am not sure if I can ever get rid of the cellulite. I have super skinny friends who still have it and was wondering if anyone has found a way to get rid of it? Or is it just something you have to accept? Thanks!! :)

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Yes, what @jemhh posted is true, but don't let it discourage you because you can make it better with proper nutrition and weight lifting. Mine has improved tremendously ever since I started lifting. Lots of squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc. Constant progression and heavy weights are the key.
  • laisserai
    laisserai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Even beyonce has cellulite :smile:
    But exfoliating and leg workouts help
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Yes, what @jemhh posted is true, but don't let it discourage you because you can make it better with proper nutrition and weight lifting. Mine has improved tremendously ever since I started lifting. Lots of squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc. Constant progression and heavy weights are the key.

+1
    OP: If you make progress with your weight management and fitness levels, cellulite will ameliorate. It will not disappear, though. Unfortunately :'(
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Eh I'm so over hating things on my body lol. I have stretch marks and my breasts sag because of past weight gain/loss and I have cellulite. I'm also in my twenties and I just can't be bothered to give a crap about some ripples on my thighs. Like you pointed out, OP, skinny people have cellulite too!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    It's genetic. Most women have it.

I find it's appearance improves the leaner I get, though. Lifting heavy has helped me as well.
  • ivylaurenolsen
    ivylaurenolsen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    benzieboxx wrote: »
    Eh I'm so over hating things on my body lol. I have stretch marks and my breasts sag because of past weight gain/loss and I have cellulite. I'm also in my twenties and I just can't be bothered to give a crap about some ripples on my thighs. Like you pointed out, OP, skinny people have cellulite too!

Yes!! I love this. There are worse things in the world than cellulite I guess :)
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I love this. There are worse things in the world than cellulite I guess :)

Exactly! I have too much going on in my life to worry about a ripple on my leg or a stretch mark on my thigh or stomach. Like whatever lol My fiancé thinks I'm attractive and I like what I see in the mirror and that's kind of all that matters to me. :D