When did you first realize that your weight loss plan was really working for you?

Options

Replies

• MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I realized it when I was able to "stick to it" more than a handful of days and found out I can still eat everything I love (in moderation ).

Exactly! I'm doing WW Points and now as I write I'm having 'skinny' chicken cordon bleu and broccoli with melted laughing cow cheddar. I'm totally satisfied and lost 2.7 lb last week!
  • MrsDogLady
    Options
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    I realized it when I was able to "stick to it" more than a handful of days and found out I can still eat everything I love (in moderation ).

Exactly! I'm doing WW Points and now as I write I'm having 'skinny' chicken cordon bleu and broccoli with melted laughing cow cheddar. I'm totally satisfied and lost 2.7 lb last week!

Oh...did I mention wine?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Oh...did I mention wine?

For me, ice cream was the deal breaker. :smiley:
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just curious, I see that one of you is following ww, are the rest of you counting calories?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Just curious, I see that one of you is following ww, are the rest of you counting calories?

Counting calories.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Yes, just counting calories. I've lost 80 lbs (and had a baby in between, gained and lost 24.6 lbs pregnancy weight as well).
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Q: When did you first realize that your weight loss plan was really working for you?

A: I realized pretty early on at 5 lbs down. I got the 'light-bulb' moment where things just clicked in my head and I knew I could do this.

Counting calories, weighing and logging food.
  • MrsDogLady
    Options

I've been following my own version of WW Points Plus with help from my sister and the internet. Works great for me. 17 down since March 1.
  • coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When i began exercising, and seeing results on my weightgurus app, not just relying on my weightloss shakes. My Weight Gurus digital app sync scale is syncing daily weight to its app, and so far, it's saying I've lost 5 lbs. That's when I knew weight is starting to come off. I really like technology in terms of weightloss and fitness. These apps, WeightGurus, MFP, and Walkmeter Elite, are a godsend. I think the combination of weightloss shakes breakfast & lunch and exercising are my helpers!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Probably at 15 lbs down (now I'm at 30 gone) and clothes fitting much better-I'm back in clothes I haven't worn for quite awhile
  • MrsDogLady
    Options
    I tried on a few things in my closet I couldn't wear 6 months ago and discovered I could fit into a lot of them. What is even better? I had a bunch of stuff I'd bought that still had tags, never used that were now too big for me so I returned them and got a $99 in-store credit for them! Woo Hoo! It PAYs to clean your closet!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs. My ring became looser and I dropped 2 sizes in my clothing and I lost like 15 inches off my body too!

Great job! Cant wait until I can say "lost 40 lbs"!
    You will soon I'm sure!

• scriptie
    scriptie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A pair of leggings I bought for workouts about a month ago are beginning to feel loose now. Also NSV - I feel great getting 10k steps everyday, whereas a few months ago my feet and legs would be sore if I did multiple days in a row!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I first noticed when I could wear my favourite formal pants again. Then second boost was on a trip to London when my jacket was rediclously large. Third one when I could not wear my favourite formal pants anymore as they fell off :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!