Just saying hello to the community and asking for advice

Options
Hey,

So... I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I tried MFP before but I did not last very long at the time, now I'm at it again and this time I try to loose some weight :)

My Goal is to loose weight in terms of body fat, at the same time I want to improve on my endurance, strength and muscle growth. Maybe I can get some starter tips on how to do so.

I started about 2 weeks ago and for the first week I trained with low weight and high reps (2 sets 20 reps). In the 2nd week I started too increase the weight so that 3 Sets with 12 reps each were doable (decreasing the weight for each set so that I could do 12 reps ). I rested 2 days after each training to recover (no supplements at the moment).

For my own good I want some opinion on my training till now, what I did wrong, what I should consider doing in the future, should I take supplements or should I wait. :D

Thanks for any suggestions and pls tell me if I'm heading in a completely wrong direction. ^^

zyrf6nqe39gw.png

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Right now you are not doing anything wrong. Low weights high reps is exactly what you need to do for the goals you have. You shouldn't need supplements unless you decide to add a lot of muscle. Freind me if you like. Rick
  • kevinmumenthaler
    kevinmumenthaler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Rick. In that case I will keep going with low weight and heigh reps.