Need Some Real Advice!

Options
So as you can see in the photo im a Bit skinny fat but i have decided from here im going to Bulk up and gain some Muscle mass which my guess most of You would agree with but my question was I currently weigh 160 pounds how much should i bulk before i cut? 5 pounds 10 pounds 15? Before i go on a Cut again pls reply Need help with this one would rather not go back to my original weight of 180 pounds when i was fat Btw S/O to all the fellow New yorkers.

Replies

• diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's entirely a personal judgement, but the ideal way to go is make gains in bulk without much fatchange!
    For that you need to work the classic way that's given the same results for 40 plus years.
    Squats, Dead lifts, Bench Press and Pull Ups! Keep a record of every detail including measurements, weight and food intake in MFP.
    Eat 1 gram protein per pound bodyweight.
    0.4 gram Fat per pound as above
    Stay off alcohol, that might be hard in New York, lol, but it's a hand brake to your gains! Drink water instead at the Club or Bar!
    Keep away from those evil bagels, eat your greens and all that great quality food there from Dean and Delucca Deli!
    Don'tride the Subway to your ddestination, getoff eearlier and walk more.
    Yo - yourall good buddy!
  • pwillis20
    pwillis20 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My general rule is to not get above 15% BF when bulking but at stated about it's a personal preference when you look at your body. I never fully bulk because I love to have abs all year round and hate fat, it's a slower process with a smaller surplus of calories, but in the end you can still make gains that way. I also keep a typically higher volume, higher rep count workout regimen. Don't focus to much on the scale
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    pwillis20 wrote: »
    My general rule is to not get above 15% BF when bulking

Good, but those are guy standards. Women run about 5% higher.

EDIT: Oh, wait - itsflaccoi is a guy with a female fitness model profile pic. That's cool, I'm actually a pyramid.

("On the Internet, no one knows you're a Platonic solid.")