Average weigh lost weekly on MFP

Options
RoMazola
RoMazola Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2016 in Getting Started
I'm curious about the average weigh loss with MFP, I already lost 7.5 lb in 2 weeks ( 1.200 cal per day, cardio 30min every day) I don't know if it's good or normal! Share your numbers pls pls pls :)

Replies

• EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I started six months ago an in my first two weeks I lost 6 pounds. My calorie goal is set for 2 pounds a week. As long as you are eating the calories recommended I wouldn't worry. Overall for the past six months I have averaged about 1.7 pounds per week with a low of 1/2 pound in a week and a high of 4.5 pounds in a week.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    RoMazola wrote: »
    I'm curious about the average weigh loss with MFP, I already lost 7.5 lb in 2 weeks ( 1.200 cal per day, cardio 30min every day) I don't know if it's good or normal! Share your numbers pls pls pls :)

Most people lose a chunk of water weight when they start eating at a deficit. It should slow down. If in a couple weeks your weight loss is still over 2 lbs per week then you need to eat more (or lose a large chunk of lean body mass as well as fat).
  • RoMazola
    Options
    Yes, you're right! I'm just afraid to eat more and not losing anything but what you said make sense! Thanks :)
    EddieP50 wrote: »
    I started six months ago an in my first two weeks I lost 6 pounds. My calorie goal is set for 2 pounds a week. As long as you are eating the calories recommended I wouldn't worry. Overall for the past six months I have averaged about 1.7 pounds per week with a low of 1/2 pound in a week and a high of 4.5 pounds in a week.

• RoMazola
    Options
    Yes, you're right! I'm just afraid to eat more and not losing anything but what you said make sense! Thanks :)
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes, first few weeks will be mostly water weight (sorry to say!) take your measurements, and go more by measurements rather than just weight. I lost 10lbs (yes ten) in a week before, but it was almost all water as my measurements didn't budge at all. Average for me is between 2-3 lbs per week, depending on what type of week you've had.
  • GABRIEL1919
    GABRIEL1919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is a sweet lost....keep it up the 1200 deal is the way..
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I average slightly less than a pound a week.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You will lose more in the beginning and you will lose quicker the more you have to lose. I needed to lose 100 lbs so I lost around 7-8 lbs my first week and then around 4 my second week. I now lose 2-2.5 lbs/week and have lost 63 total, have 37 left.

The weight those first couple of weeks is mostly water.