Im outta ideas

Options
inhonestly at this point don't know what to do anymore gaining weight just doesn't seem possible I've been stuck at the same
Weight since I started using this app eating everything I can in sight and still nothing. Protien shakes and weight gainers do nothing but give me water weight.

Calling all true wright lifter and body builders...any suggestions will be extemely useful.

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE is set too low, or you're not eating as much as you think. Or maybe you have worms?

1. eat 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight
    2. take your TDEE, add 25%, that's your calorie goal. After your protein is covered, fill the rest with whatever and eat that much every day.

If you're not growing, increase the TDEE because it's too low.

If you have worms, see a vet.
  • lancehuber
    lancehuber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try going for a 50% carbs, 25% fat, 25% protein for 6 weeks. I do this on a 4000+ calorie a day, and can gain 1-2 lbs a week. Lift heavy, failure heavy, 5-8 reps. After 6 weeks, change to 30%, 30%, 40%, add the cardio back in, and rep the iron 15-20 ×s per set to cut it all back to shredded. BOOM
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Try something different, Leg Press, use a heavy weight, today it was 180kg
    For...
    10 sets of 25 reps 2 mins rest
    Now did 10 sets 15 to 12 reps.10 to 15 second rest!
    High Intensity Training is the name, not for the faint hearted, or foolhardy....

OMG what a ride, guys around the gym were slack jawed at the intensity,  my grunts and groans got their attention initially,  but the short duration rest kept them glued to my progress!  I'm not accustomed to a crowd of guys cheering me on to hit the 12th rep.

I just woke up, must have fallen asleep reading Lost World, Michael Crighton's sequel to Jurassic Park. I feel like I was run over by a truck, my head hurts and my legs ache,  oh did i just buy a Toyato motor car because Oh what a feeling?? Lactic burn lies deep in those quadriceps, reminds me of another time...  Man that ROCKS, HARD! HIT next session is gonna beat today's effort,  and it's not going to get easier!  Actually kinda scared but excited as well, weird???

The latest research is suggesting the build up of LACTATES (acid) is resultant from ANEAROBIC environment due to minimal rest period is the factor that promotes the systemic response via release of the hormone Cortisol. Cortisol is detected in the blood of highly stressed individuals, which common sense tells us that this (good) stress recruits a sink or swim response by the body's repair and maintenance arsenal! Regular 2 or 3 minute rest times used by everyone in weight lifting gyms allows the oxygen to replenish the muscle, so the next set can be completed with the same reps before failure. This dogma makes perfect sense, as there's no point doing another set till you feel you can make those magic 8 reps, accepted widely to be ideal for the purpose of stimulating maximum effectiveness fir the purpose of muscle synthesis HYPERTROPHY.

Interestingly this approach is neither new nor revolutionary, Arnold made it famous in Pumping Iron Movie circa 1980 at his victory comeback at the Sydney Opera House. He had stopped competition for a few years and started preparations for the Olympic less than 6 Months out. The film documented his battle against all odds, where Mike Mentzer was huge and cut and was favourite to take the Everest of Bodybuilding titles.
    Arnold explained how intensity was the key to achieving ultimate gains, in the gym, and life! He used the most extreme methods to coax every bit of strength out of his body. At the AIS the coach told us the weakest muscle in your body was the MIND! Margaret was the Ice Speed Skating coach at Home bush, and was our on ice trainer at Canterbury Ice Rink. She would regularly drill us for one last sprint, only to call for just one more, and when we were barely able to stand up she would demand another 500 metre sprint! I'd always regretted riding my bike to training on those days!
    She talked about the Super Fast Twitch or SFT myofilaments and telomeres, very sciencey woman. Anyway, SFT fibres are apparently 30 times faster than the Fast Twitch fibres, and are the ones that grow fastest compared to all the rest. She had the idea that only under certain rare conditions were these brought into play... HIT was it!
    So I am applying a little voodoo magic to my training these days, just because, I am a (masochistic) guy, trained to know and expect the only way to get somewhere new, is to train differently from the rest, past. Arnold was right about the concept of the body habituation to standard Sets and Reps strategies and that to break new ground and plateaus one has to be prepared to train insane!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating?

Not enough.