Which Fitbit do you recommend?

Options
I am currently using the zip and used it last year. It was great initially but now I am ready for something that is going to help me with realistic stats. I use MMW and I know those calories are WAY off and I also know MFP calories are way off too. So I'm thinking about the HR one, but then again, I was thinking about the alta as well. I can't afford the brand new one that just came out. What are your recommendations? Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I previously had the Flex and loved it, but got the Charge HR when it came out. I like the idea of a continuous HRM and it has the ability to set a timer before you start a class/workout and see the specific calorie burn for that time period. I find it's been really helpful to me as it's more accurate than the formulas used for the generic person my size/age etc. I was interested in the Alta when it was first announced, since it was similar looking to the Flex but since it does not have the HRM or the timer, I passed on getting one. It mostly depends on what specifically you yourself are interested in it for.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am interested in it for running again, I broke my leg in 3 places and was non weight bearing for 4 months so hence, I gained the weight back that I had lost, I am going to steadily (with the MD's ok, move from walking to running). I hope anyways.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I really dig the Charge HR. I got because I don't need all the fancy do-dads of the newer ones, but I love that it tracks my sleep and heart rate constantly. Only thing that I think ALL fitbits do if they count stairs is count stairs when you aren't doing stairs because they use barometric metering so really windy days and pressurized rooms can offset that number.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If you want HR, then maybe the ChargeHR (it's on sale on Fitbit's website for $129.95 until May 3rd I believe...same price as the Alta and charge).
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Alta, its nice and stylish and has a display on it! Only thing it lacks is the HRM :) $130
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have had the hr charge for just under a year and my garmin vivoactive arrived today. I switched because the fitbit isn't waterproof and I wish I had researched other activity monitors before. Don't get me wrong Fitbit is great but limited. Before shelling out money for an activity tracker assess your needs so you don't end up spending more money down the road like I did. Lol.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Do I have to worry about sweating messing it up?
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sweat I'd think not. Accidental showers, doing dishes and general day to day. I have the Garmin Vivosmart HR and really like it.
  • pastelsteak02
    pastelsteak02 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I recently upgraded from the One to the Charge HR and I love it! The constant HRM is amazing! I sweat pretty crazy when I work out, so I make sure to take it off after working out and give it a good wipe down. So far this has seemed to work pretty well!
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have both the Fitbit One and the Fitbit Charge HR. I like the Charge HR because it has continuous heart rate and auto sleep tracking. But if you are looking at steps counts the HR can over count because of hand movements. I put the Fitbit one in my pocket and have found it accurate for step counts.
  • MciPanda
    MciPanda Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I used the Fitbit One and the Zip, have also used the Jawbone Up2. I liked them, but found inaccuracies in their steps calculations. I know you're only asking about those two, but wanted to mention that I started using the Microsoft Band in December and absolutely love it. Steps counting is accurate, calories burned are as well. Syncs with the PC any mobile. Recommend it.
  • AlisonL664
    AlisonL664 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit Alta yesterday, liking it so far. The tap to view takes a little bit of getting used to but when you have figured out the hot spots it's fine. I didn't want the HRM.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Since you mention running, I'll suggest that you at least consider the Surge because of the GPS. It is handy if you don't want to bring your phone on your run.

Though, to be honest, if you are looking at the Surge, be sure to compare it with other GPS watches out there. In particular, I'd mention the Garmin Forerunner 235, VivoActive, and TomTom Spark.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have used a Fitbit One for 2.5 years and LOVE it. I have tested it and find the step count to be very accurate, and I do like the stair-climb count and sleep monitoring. I do not really need the HRM, I have a Polar HRM with a chest strap that I will occasionally use if I want that. What I wanted was to not have to wear the wrist bracelet, so find the One to be much more discrete. I wear it clipped onto my bra between breasts. DH also has a One, he clips it onto the small watch pocket on his jeans and it is barely noticeable.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If anyone has problems with the step count not being accurate for your Fitbit then measure your stride and go to your profile on the Fitbit site. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner which will take you to your settings. On the personal info page scroll down to the body info section. There you can change your stride length both for walking and running.
  • coach_joconnor
    coach_joconnor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I really like it :) I think I want to upgrade to the blaze though. Not sure.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I really like it :) I think I want to upgrade to the blaze though. Not sure.

^This!! I was all set to "gift" myself with the Blaze, but I'm starting to consider the Surge, too. I'm not a hard-core runner, but have finished C25k and am running 3x/week...
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have the Zip. It works for me since all I care about are steps, miles and calories burned. Most of my activities are step based (walking and DDR).The wristband models are useless to me since the step count isn't accurate due to hand motions. I'll probably upgrade to the One eventually, but I've been using the Zip for 2 weeks now and I have zero complaints.
  • ilovecereal82
    ilovecereal82 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit blaze!!!
  • GoldaTyla
    GoldaTyla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit Flex and have collected many different coloured bands to match my outfits or my mood. I measure my steps, my sleep hours/efficiency, set hours for insulin and meals, synced with MFP (My Fitness Pal) and computer/cell phone etc. (bluetooth friendly app available). Mid-range in FitBit cost and FitBit is constantly upgrading and offering new apps to keep Flex up to date with newer FitBits.