Cardio / weight training question???

Options
BlueBombers
BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
Hi,

I am down 37 lbs so far since March 2013 and I want to lose another 33 lbs to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. So far I have been doing cardio 6 times a week for about 60 minutes give or take. I have a Bowlfex Ultimate 2 and some free weights which I want to start using as I want to build some lean muscle. How do I add this to my workouts? Should I do 3 days of cardio, 3 days weights? This is what I did years ago on the Body For Life program. Or is there something else I can do?

How do you guys incorporate weights and cardio??

Thanks!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The bowflex probably has a full body program or list of exercises that came with it. Or you can google it. Either way, I'd suggest you do a full body workout 3x per week with the bowflex and dumbbells. Make sure you are hitting your chest, back, and legs along with shoulders and arms on each workout.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. Three days weights, three days cardio sounds ideal, adding the weights is a great idea, as it will help tone you up a lot

Goodluck
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I cut back my cardio and primarily focus on strength training. I go on long walks but that's all for cardio and I do four days a week of strength training. I think you could cut down your cardio to 3 days a week / 30 minutes a workout and add strength training and be fine.