Options
KimberleyS0624
KimberleyS0624 Posts: 216 Member
Any race fans here?

Replies

• mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Not a fanatic but I enjoy watching a race once in awhile. Been to a few, but last time was about 7-8 years ago.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    pretty much just F1. i like that their cars are highly developed and hi tech. and i like the race tracks better. the accel/decel, turns, elevation changes....
  • KimberleyS0624
    Options
    pretty much just F1. i like that their cars are highly developed and hi tech. and i like the race tracks better. the accel/decel, turns, elevation changes....

Not a fan
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    Race face here, but not NASCAR... Prefer the GRAND AM series, Pirelli World Challenge series, ALMS, and Le Mans. And another type which you could probably guess by my username...
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Race face here, but not NASCAR... Prefer the GRAND AM series, Pirelli World Challenge series, ALMS, and Le Mans. And another type which you could probably guess by my username...

im a very new race fan. just started watching F1relatively recently and fell in love with it. i never enjoyed racing because i had only been exposed to NASCAR. but its just so boring. i only gave F1 a chance after watching Top Gear. and iim glad i did.

of the series you mentioned you have any suggestions on which i should watch first?
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I prefer NHRA, as I enjoy drag racing myself.
  • KimberleyS0624
    Options
    I prefer NHRA, as I enjoy drag racing myself.

Enjoy top fuel and modifiers. Ihra here this weekend
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Im a nascar fan. Been to a couple races. Looking forward to going again!
  • sheril57
    sheril57 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love NASCAR watch all the races, been to quite a few, best race place and party place is TALLADEGA, can't wait to go back, Chicago is nice, campgrounds close by, shuttle back and forth from racetrack so you can get as drunk as you want, Atlanta is okay
    Being at one, like TALLADEGA is way more exciting than on TV
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    No
  • nickbrown68
    nickbrown68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Watch a fair bit of Motorsport; speedway, f1, Indy car, NASCAR and Le Mans.

Saying that I'm no petrol head just enjoy it
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I'm a die-hard race fan!!! Love my Nascar! We probably go to 6-8 races per year.
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Nascar Fan; no pun intended due to my size. My whole family are fans of Nascar; Stewart and Ernhardt and Kurt Bush are our drivers.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I like driving fast. Does that count?

I have tried to watch races on tv. The beginning is fun and the end is awesome, it is just the laps in the middle where I end up drinking too much or needing a nap. LOL
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I drove a lap at Pocono Raceway. Does that count?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Screw Nascar and pass me the motogp
  • The_Enginerd
    Options

im a very new race fan. just started watching F1relatively recently and fell in love with it. i never enjoyed racing because i had only been exposed to NASCAR. but its just so boring. i only gave F1 a chance after watching Top Gear. and iim glad i did.

of the series you mentioned you have any suggestions on which i should watch first?
    Hard to choose, depends on what you like. There is good competition in all of those series, with closer racing and more passing than in F1, which is why I like them. Especially in the sports car based classes, where there is less dependence on aero.

I personally like the sport car based, more grassroots series, so I personally gravitate towards the Pirelli World Challenge Series. They are racing cars closer to what I could build and drive.

GRAND AM and ALMS/Le Mans are both multi-class series with sport car classes in addition to purpose built race cars (prototype class) all racing at the same time. It's like watching a 24 Hours of Le Mans race if you have caught some of those on TV.

If you haven't seen any of them, I would check out a sample of each one whenever they come on SpeedTV or the online broadcast to see which you like.
  • The_Enginerd
    Options
    Screw Nascar and pass me the motogp
    Also an acceptable answer :drinker:
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Hard to choose, depends on what you like. There is good competition in all of those series, with closer racing and more passing than in F1, which is why I like them. Especially in the sports car based classes, where there is less dependence on aero.

I personally like the sport car based, more grassroots series, so I personally gravitate towards the Pirelli World Challenge Series. They are racing cars closer to what I could build and drive.

GRAND AM and ALMS/Le Mans are both multi-class series with sport car classes in addition to purpose built race cars (prototype class) all racing at the same time. It's like watching a 24 Hours of Le Mans race if you have caught some of those on TV.

If you haven't seen any of them, I would check out a sample of each one whenever they come on SpeedTV or the online broadcast to see which you like.

thats good info thanks.
  • KimberleyS0624
    Options
    I love NASCAR watch all the races, been to quite a few, best race place and party place is TALLADEGA, can't wait to go back, Chicago is nice, campgrounds close by, shuttle back and forth from racetrack so you can get as drunk as you want, Atlanta is okay
    Being at one, like TALLADEGA is way more exciting than on TV

Been to Phoenix and Vegas. Would love to go to dega, Richmond and charlotte