Water fast?

Options
Has anyone ever done one?
For how long and how did you overcome the struggles and what were your results

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to do this? Setting yourself for a binge more likely. How about pick a moderate calorie deficit and repeat daily. Winner!!
  • tempuress_82
    tempuress_82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Why do you need to do this? Setting yourself for a binge more likely. How about pick a moderate calorie deficit and repeat daily. Winner!!

Im on the cal. Deficit and already on a water and daily exercise kick! Im not sure if i wanna go through with it yet but for now im just looking into it
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no good reason to do a water fast for weight loss. Anything you lose you will gain right back when you rebound into over-eating when you are finished.

If you aren't getting the results you want from logging, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
    1. Are your expectations realistic? Depending on how much weight you have to lose, 1/2 lb - 2 lbs per week is what you should be aiming for. The less you have to lose, the less you should expect to lose per week.
    2. Are you using a food scale? If not, you may be eating more than you think. It is really common to under-estimate portions when you eyeball or use cups & spoons.
    3. Are you choosing correct database entries? There are lots of incorrect entries that were added by users. Always double check the entries you use.
    4. Are you logging everything, including cooking oil, condiments, beverages, accurately and consistently every day?

You don't need to starve yourself and be miserable to lose weight!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This thread will be shutdown soon.
  • tempuress_82
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

I am only asking about it not incouraging! And i am glad i asked because with many agreeing its a baf idea leaves me to believe i shouldnt do it
  • tempuress_82
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

I am only asking about it not incouraging! And i am glad i asked because with many agreeing its a baf idea leaves me to believe i shouldnt do it

*bad
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why you would even consider it. Keep on with your deficit and don't get side tracked
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @tempuress_82

How do you feel this would help you in the long term?

How does the water diet work, I've never heard of it before now? You only take in water? I LOVE water but would miss solids. When you workout you still only drink water afterwards?

Not sure I could make it on on make it only H2O, no carbs, fat or protein?
    How long do you do this diet of water?
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @tempuress_82

How does the water diet work, I've never heard of it before now? You only take in water? I LOVE water but would miss solids. When you workout you still only drink water afterwards?

It's BS that some people do because they think they need to reset their body. In short, don't.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I can't understand why you would even consider it. Keep on with your deficit and don't get side tracked

Ive decided not to do it ..i appriciate all the replies

I'm so glad :) Drink plenty of water and eat the food too and you'll end up losing weight, just stay under your calorie deficit as shared above. ;) You'll drop the weight!

Best of luck to you!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    @tempuress_82

Just to clarify my position on this topic.......... I'm definitely NOT into strange/fad diets. I posted this with all the questions in hope that anyone thinking about a water detox or water 'diet' take another look at what they are thinking about doing before they make a final decision.

Water is awesome for our bodies, I adore drinking it but I gotta have good healthy food along with it! :p
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

Ive decided not to do it ..i appriciate all the replies

Well done and good kuck