Pain

2»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't go hard I exercise at a moderate pace but I do it several times a day anywhere from 4 to maybe 6 times a day 5 days a week. I am forced to not exercise now that I have the pain. And my husband keeps telling me to take a few days rest but like I said I still see myself as really big and when I eat I feel guilt that makes me wanna exercise before it settles as fat. (I know not good)

That's way too much and your body is telling you it's too much. Take your body's advice and stop putting so much stress on it. You're not doing yourself any favors.

Also, I really think you should seek professional help.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I don't go hard I exercise at a moderate pace but I do it several times a day anywhere from 4 to maybe 6 times a day 5 days a week. I am forced to not exercise now that I have the pain. And my husband keeps telling me to take a few days rest but like I said I still see myself as really big and when I eat I feel guilt that makes me wanna exercise before it settles as fat. (I know not good)

Sweetie, you are setting yourself up for failure. You cannot out exercise overeating. Calorie deficit first.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

You are going to seriously injure yourself, and then what are you going to do? This isn't healthy, and it's not a healthy outlook. I agree that some professional help would be appropriate.
  • kansascutie81
    kansascutie81 Posts: 53 Member
    I am seeing a therapist and trying to get control over my thoughts about myself
  • nutmegoreo

I am very happy to read this. Now back off a bit and take a rest day or two before your body forces you to rest for months. I'm not kidding. As someone who has torn my rotator cuff and spent years in pain for it, I have to be very much aware of what my body is telling me. If my positioning is off for pushups, or I do too much in weight lifting, I suffer for weeks. I also developed shin splints from running, so I've learned to build slowly and take days off.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I am very happy to read this. Now back off a bit and take a rest day or two before your body forces you to rest for months. I'm not kidding. As someone who has torn my rotator cuff and spent years in pain for it, I have to be very much aware of what my body is telling me. If my positioning is off for pushups, or I do too much in weight lifting, I suffer for weeks. I also developed shin splints from running, so I've learned to build slowly and take days off.

So much this! x1000
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    You can do no exercise at all and lose weight just fine.

Take it easy! Pain in the foot when trying to stand on your toes is far more likely to be a tendon problem than a nerve problem. Nerve problems tend to display symptoms of pain that is distant from the site of motion - for example, foot pain when moving the hip, not when moving the foot.

If you actually push yourself to the point where you completely rupture a tendon, your only two options are surgery or being crippled for life; it could no longer heal on its own. Even after the surgery, you're looking at half a year or more for recovering to the point you're at now. Far better to take time to heal now versus having to take far more time to heal later.
  • kansascutie81
    kansascutie81 Posts: 53 Member
    rankinsect wrote: »

Take it easy! Pain in the foot when trying to stand on your toes is far more likely to be a tendon problem than a nerve problem. Nerve problems tend to display symptoms of pain that is distant from the site of motion - for example, foot pain when moving the hip, not when moving the foot.

If you actually push yourself to the point where you completely rupture a tendon, your only two options are surgery or being crippled for life; it could no longer heal on its own. Even after the surgery, you're looking at half a year or more for recovering to the point you're at now. Far better to take time to heal now versus having to take far more time to heal later.

Well the pain is from hip to toes on my right leg but mostly it in the back of my right thigh and walking at a faster pace or standing on my tip toes or even twisting a certain way sends a shock of pain like nothing I've felt. I don't plan on doing any exercise for a while but still keeping under my daily calorie intake and still log and weigh everything
  • nutmegoreo
    rankinsect wrote: »

Well the pain is from hip to toes on my right leg but mostly it in the back of my right thigh and walking at a faster pace or standing on my tip toes or even twisting a certain way sends a shock of pain like nothing I've felt. I don't plan on doing any exercise for a while but still keeping under my daily calorie intake and still log and weigh everything

Can you see a physiotherapist? This sounds a lot like sciatic pain, but there different causes, therefore different fixes.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    MOST (I'd guess 75% or so) of weight loss is from improved diet, not exercise. I'm living proof
  • professorhuggins
    professorhuggins Posts: 72 Member
    Go see a doctor...but fwiw I have the same issue a long time ago because all of my exercise during my weight loss journey was forward motion related. I started adding exercises that stressed side to side movement a did a ton of stretching of the hip flexors. I also started lifting instead of just doing cardio. And stopped keeping my wallet in my pocket while driving or sitting at work. I guess you could say I took the shotgun approach to easing sciatica, but I haven't had problems in a couple of years!