Woman who started at a weight of 175-180

Options
2»

Replies

• grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Age 41, starting weight was 179, current is 138. I tracked religiously to lose 40lbs. Then I started lifting heavy and my weight moves around 1-3lbs any given week up or down. I'd like to cut 10lbs of fat but keep lifting. Slow recomp?? Dunno.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options

I would LOVE to try zumba...or kick boxing.....hows the zumba going ? Is it true you burn almost 1000 calories per session?

I couldn't really tell you how much Zumba burns. So much depends on your body composition and how enthusiastic you are. I usually give it my all as I love to dance, and MFP usually estimates about 400-500 calories for the class (I think?).
    I should wear a heart rate monitor, but I haven't taken that step yet. All I know is that I enjoy it, the time goes by fast and I leave very sweaty. So give it a try!

[/quote]

5'3 1/2 here... 162lbs... with a goal of 140. I've been gaining and losing the same 10lbs for the last several years. I work out about 4-5days/week with a combo of running, zumba and weight training. I wear a HRM for every workout and can tell you I burn about 500-550 in an hour zumba class. Some days more if we are doing a harder routine and its a warmer month (hotter room = pools of sweat and out of breath!) Good luck to all of you! :)
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my start weight was 185 on March 30th. I'm now down to 178.2! I have my calories set at 1400 but almost always eat a net amount of 1200-1300 with my exercise. I go to the gym Monday to Friday and do 20-30 minutes of cardio and 20-30 minutes of strength training. On the weekend, I go for walks on both days. My goal is to just get 30 minutes of exercise on the weekend but I often get way more. Ultimate weight goal is 130-140lb
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5"
    SW (June 8, 2015): 185
    CW: 114

"Ultimate Goal Weight" was 115, still getting a feel for maintenance, just landed there within the past couple of weeks. On "rest days," I usually still end up at least going for long walks. Typically my exercise is in the form of dancing class, 40-60 min, 5x per week. My goal now is to get situated with maintaining.
  • tempuress_82
    tempuress_82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL for answering...you areball an amazing inspiration to me ...keep up the great work and best of luck to all of you
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I started end of 2012 at around 172. My goal at that time was 150. When I got to that goal, my next goal was to get below 140. Next goal was 136. Now my next (and prob last) goal is to get to about 128.

More than exercise I am obsessive about proper calorie intake. My scale is my bestest friend. I figure out how many calories I need for the entire week to lose about 0.5 pounds a week, then eat that every day.

I'm hoping to go into maintenance by the end of summer. FINALLY!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Started at the end of July 2014 at 180- I'm 5'4". Made it to 125 at the end of March 2016. Try to do cardio about 6 days a week and lift fairly light weights (adding more as I get stronger) about 3 days a week, with rest days between lifting. When the weather is nice I like to go ride my recumbent trike on longer rides. When it's cold and snowy I ride the stationary bike at the gym. Mainly eat about 1200-1300 calories and ate back half of exercise calories until about the last 5-10 pounds and then didn't eat back exercise calories to lose those last few pounds. Now I'm figuring out maintenance, which looks like for a 48 year old with hypothyroidism is about the same amount of calories - 1200-1300 and eating back about half of them usually. If I don't exercise I eat around 1200 calories or try to. Some days I go a bit over, some days a bit under- it all evens out.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy and water water water with exercise daily...what was /is your goal and is 2 day resting days better for outcome?

Hey my sw was 205lbs in March 2016 I'm currently 178 as of May 2016 I take Sunday as a rest day from working it and I have a free meal for lunch either Sunday or Saturday depending on plans I also have chllenge groups to stay motivated and motivate others

• lasirena624
    lasirena624 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 180lbs in March 2016. I am 5'4 and eating 1230 calories a day and exercising 3-4 times a week for about 30 minutes. Currently I am down 18lbs with a goal weight of 150lbs. When I reach 150lbs I will reevaluate!
  • sndg
    sndg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My SW was 182 on April 20, 2016. Today I am weighing in at 174. At 42, I am finding it really hard to lose the weight. I am sticking to my calories. The working out on a regular basis is what I am struggling with. Hopefully, I will get more motivated. It is a struggle.
  • tempuress_82
    tempuress_82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    sndg wrote: »
    My SW was 182 on April 20, 2016. Today I am weighing in at 174. At 42, I am finding it really hard to lose the weight. I am sticking to my calories. The working out on a regular basis is what I am struggling with. Hopefully, I will get more motivated. It is a struggle.

Youl get there hun....the older wr are and the fact that were woman make it harder on us regardless...but you can do it just dont give up
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    SW 173 CW 158. I'm not even gonna lie, dude. I don't exercise. I don't find anything but going on walks fun or entertaining, and have no access to a swimming pool. Everything else is tedious to me, and I just don't feel like doing it. I make my 10k steps with my fitbit a few times a week, but other than that, I just don't care about exercising right now.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 180lbs in March 2016. I am 5'4 and eating 1230 calories a day and exercising 3-4 times a week for about 30 minutes. Currently I am down 18lbs with a goal weight of 150lbs. When I reach 150lbs I will reevaluate!

Lasirena: Do you eat any exercise calories or do you stick with 1230 calories a day? I've been sticking with 1230 a day (just got back into this last week), but was wondering about eating some of the exercise calories.

• ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Started at 175 october 1st im now 143 and its all from eating healthy and light exercise when i can. I only drink water other than my morning snoothie and non sweetened non caffeinated teas. Whole fat dairy is better for you than low fat dairy. My exercise consists of running 2-3 times a week about 1-2 miles i do a few weight lifting exercises and about 50 or more squats 2-3 times a week. And i always try to get in my 10,000 steps a day but thats just recently
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!