Apple Watch Versus Fitbit Blaze

Options
jlhill7
jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
I currently use a fitbit charge HR. It is time to upgrade. I like to compete with friends but I also have an apple 6 plus phone. I am trying to decide what the pro's and con's are between the two.
Please give me honest feedback. #1 I love to compete with friends, #2 I would like accuracy #3 would be nice to go on a run with music controlled by my watch #4 answer text and calls from watch. Does it sync with health apps and myfitness pal?

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Apple Watch syncs with the iPhone health app and MFP. I don't add any exercise separately, just let the data from the Apple Watch drop into MFP, then it adjusts my daily goal automatically based on my activity. I can also see how many cals remaining for the day on the watch, but there's no option to add new foods.

I still run with my phone because I listen to music or audiobooks with a headset, but it's handy to pause from the watch if I need to.
    Answering calls and responding to SMS is cool, I also use the calendar, timer, weather regularly.

Re accuracy, I can't compare to a Fitbit, previously I've used Runkeeper on my phone, so there's no change there.

For me, Apple Watch is great, I'm glad I have this rather than just a fitness tracker.

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit force and moved to an Apple Watch. I am an apple lover and love everything my watch does see pebble4321 but I miss the dashboard the Fitbit had and the step challenges with friends. While the watch will count steps and you can purchase a second part app to move your steps to the Fitbit app it is not the same and you can not join any challenged since the steps do not come from a Fitbit.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just went through the same process and went with Apple. For me it was the design and the wait the HR worked. Please let me know what you choose. I do have a fitbit one that I kept to keep up with my friends.
  • cabstar69
    cabstar69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After lots of research. Settled for the Fitbit blaze and love it. I love the Fitbit app and the stats and it ties in with MFP too. Battery life is amazing, straps are changeable and it does the following records exercise including walking, controls my music in my iPhone, receives texts and messages etc although I have to use the phone to reply.

I considered the iWatch and for the price and poor battery life which was a crucial factor the blaze won. I wanted 24/7 heart monitoring for accurate calorie burn data and the iWatch just didn't offer this just can't do this the blaze also looks great whether in the gym or in a work outfit or wearing a suit for work.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you all for the feedback. I do love Apple but I also love fitbit. Think the fitbit is going to win :-)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, you can still compete with your FItbit friends on the Apple Watch. There's an app called Activity Club that is HRM agnostic. There are probably others......

I'm also an Apple Fan. So many addtional uses for the Apple watch!!