Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

From depression to feelin great

Greetings y'all

So, for the most part of my life, i was a bigger kid, was strong and that all.
They all ways told me i would "grow out" and not be fat, but in reality playing games for 12 hours, sitting in school, and eating nothing but sandwiches, sweets and crap for whole day, ain't gonna resolve your problems.
Yes, there all ways were insults like fat or what ever in the last school, but yea, that stacked up over time and got worst.
Couldn't have a girlfriend, or even if i had one i didn't feel confident
And over time became deppresive

I don't think that's the life you want to be living, like a plant.

Even tho my parents didn't want to help me lose weight, didn't let me train any sport, take me to a nutricionist, mom wasn't cooking or buying healthy foods, and even if i went on a diet, that meant to me, then: eat the same *kitten*, do the same *kitten*, but add an apple to it or 1 veggie haha. Even the apple tasted like *kitten* then, couldn't stand fruits and veggies.

Even if i lost weight over the summer, i would gain it all back, because i "WENT ON" a diet, that was the wrong mindset

Now that i'm 2nd year of medicine school, that helped me to learn alot of things about the human body, and thats a big tip i would give to anyone, educate yourself and realize, the *kitten* that you put in your body, on your body, the body will take it, absorb it, and then built it in itself. :#

So enough talk, one day i cutt all the *kitten*, i told my parents, i'm starting kick box, changing my diet, i'm gonna cook all my food and i'm gonna make running a habit.
After 3 months of kick box, only 2 trainings per week + the running i did, the fat melt of me haha
But those 1. 3 months, were hell, no endurance, had cravings all the time, and rest of the things that come with that like eating disorders, but when your doing all this yourself you learn on error along the journey. Lost 30 lb then in the first
3 months.

The sad thing is that my parents still eat unhealthy and i see the mistakes they make, but i won't bother to make them make a change, because until someone decides something it won't happend, or until you lose something, you won't learn to appreciate it.

Now allmost a year has passed(i started at the end of last summer) and i no longer have craving, i don't even want the proccesed food.
Running now has became a need, if i don't run i feel like crap, and i go to the gym regulary.
Its kinda strange even, now i have a larger cravings toward veggies and fruits, and they taste amazing :smiley:
Sometimes i must restrict myself, to not overtrain, because its like taking time off, for me :blush:

So, educate yourself, stop saying and start doing, make it a habit, enjoy and embrace the work that is needed

Here some pictures, much luck in your life style changes <3

6ms6f40glq54.jpg

rv38cvj0neo9.jpg

Replies

• Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    So amazing!!! I know all the truth in this post. You are so wise to force yourself to
    Rest. I live running. It's what centers me, but I would get so rattled not running that over many years of doing what I thought was smart- keep running, I've been battling a hip fracture and haven't been able to run since October. Take good care of yourself and keep doing what you love, but keep rest as a part of the picture! ❤️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!