30 day shred buddies?

Options
13»

Replies

• iKayz
    iKayz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just thought I would let you's know that if you wanted to just try the workouts before buying them all 3 levels are on YouTube for free.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    iKayz wrote: »
    Hey! Just thought I would let you's know that if you wanted to just try the workouts before buying them all 3 levels are on YouTube for free.

I did watch level 1 & 2. My wifi connection is a bit slow so it kept stalling. I was able to decide this was the one for me by watching with constant pause and upload. I do think the You tube videos are great for scoping out if you're fit enough to do a workout and if so does the trainer make you want to have a mental breakdown. I didn't find level 3 on YouTube though even though 1&2 popped right up. Each video took roughly double the runtime to watch so I can't use it to workout as timing is everything. It helped me decide against a few harder without videos that were much more expensive since I compared them. And thanks for giving a gentle nudge towards starting right away without pushing to hard, that's the kind of dedicated support that makes MFP a success.
  • iKayz
    iKayz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No problem :) level 3 is there it's just further down the list on another channel :)
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    How is the shred going for you guys? I'm thinking about starting it along with doing my jogging/walking on alternate days!
    How many days per week do you do it?
    I got the DVD and hoping to start this weekend! :)
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of the shred done for me. Think I'm getting shin splints but I'm going to keep pushing!
  • mollyd90_
    mollyd90_ Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I started c25k In March and finished it 3 weeks ago. was doing that 3 days a week. I kept up running and added in 30 day shred on alternative days taking Sunday off. Have to say I was wrecked after 2 weeks. I work full time also so I think it was a bit much.

This week I've/will do
    Mon off
    Tues 30ds
    Wed run
    Thurs off
    Fri 30ds
    Sat run
    Sun off-ish will probably go walking somewhere scenic with friends. More leisurely than power walking.

I'm not as tired this week. My running was better and faster on Wednesday. I've done each workout of 30ds a couple of times and then change the level just to stop me getting board. Level 3 is hard!

I'm also doing slimming world since October. I'm down 3.5 stone. For the last 2 weeks I've being using fitness pal to track calories while following slimming world plan to get this last stone off.

Well done to everyone keeping up. Can't wait to read how you are getting on
  • IAmSagittarian82
    IAmSagittarian82 Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Is anyone still doing the 30DS? I've been having trouble finding an active thread where ppl are still doing it. I am on Level 1, Day#4.

My starting measurements are:
    chest - 37.50
    arms - 13.00
    waist - 34.75
    hips - 43.50
    thighs - 25.50
    neck - 14.50

My starting weight is 194.0. Height is 5'7.

It is day 4 and I finally got my hands on a set of 2.5 lb dumbbells, as opposed to using filled water bottles. LOL. I can already see definition in my shoulders. TOM is here so hopefully there is some fat burn hiding behind this wall of bloat :blush:
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still doing the 30DS? I've been having trouble finding an active thread where ppl are still doing it. I am on Level 1, Day#4.

My starting measurements are:
    chest - 37.50
    arms - 13.00
    waist - 34.75
    hips - 43.50
    thighs - 25.50
    neck - 14.50

My starting weight is 194.0. Height is 5'7.

It is day 4 and I finally got my hands on a set of 2.5 lb dumbbells, as opposed to using filled water bottles. LOL. I can already see definition in my shoulders. TOM is here so hopefully there is some fat burn hiding behind this wall of bloat :blush:

I added you, Janessa! I'm starting Wednesday! Maybe will add to this thread or make a new one for June?
    Are you doing it every day?
  • IAmSagittarian82
    Options
    I think a June start-up thread would be cool! Yes I am doing it everyday. Today is day #5 for me. So glad you responded! :smile:
  • IAmSagittarian82
    Options
    I just realized a June 2016 thread has indeed been started today.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10400929/june-jillian-michaels-30-day-shred