Motivation through injury

Options
Was on a roll only 1.5kg off my body fat target slowly and steadily adding muscle then..... Torn rotator cuff and torn bicep tendon - any experience on how long these things take to clear doctor was very vague and suggestions on rehab would be great

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I had two sprained rotator cuffs a couple of years ago and it took me about three months before I could move out of rehab work and then had to spend another three months or so doing lighter weights in the gym. I had issues with bench press for quite awhile.

I spent a lot of time walking and doing lower body isolation work because I couldn't do compounds like squats or deads for awhile. I had to just watch my diet really closely because I wasn't expending as much energy training...I was motivated to eat well though because I knew it would aid in the healing and recovery process.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    That sucks. Congrats on how far you have come though.
    My best advice is bug the doctor for rehab advice and help as well as a timeline. In the meantime find out what you can do as far as cardio or other goals outside of fitness you can focus on for a while?
    I have been injured a few times and the worst thing to do is try to come back too soon.
  • robertpcooke
    robertpcooke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments have stayed out of gym all week but eaten really well. Did a leg session followed by an hour run today to get rid of some stress! You're right pushing it too early will make it worse just v frustrating....
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Have experience with torn rototator cuff took 6 mos to heal my doc was the same didn't really say how long would take to heal while it was healing went in gym sauna 2 times a week that help with achy pain instead of popping pills.