Stopping smoking & trying to lose some weight

Options
Just wanted to ask if there's anyone else out there who has stopped smoking & maintained their weight? I'm trying to watch what I eat & log calories etc because I really don't want to put (too much) weight on.
I've been smoking for 10 years week 3 of not smoking but I'm literally bored. I haven't stopped eating everything I enjoy because I think I would end up miserable.
Thanks in advance everyone :)

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I have..I quit after smoking for TWENTY THREE years! Have been smoke free for the last ten, but I did gain a large amount at first, thanx to injury.....It's a head game, just like losing weight. Once you wrap your head around the need to stop, it won't be so difficult...I am so HAPPY that you've chosen to try!! Keep logging your calories, and keep trying with the smoking!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! xo
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, my last was August 17, 2000! At 3 weeks I was past the physical and into the hard part the mental game.

You might put on a couple pounds because when you start tasting and smelling again it's awesome! Don't worry about it, you're much healthier. I don't think I gained more than a couple and now they're gone(along with 55 others). The point is that CICO still works.
  • fieldyvon
    fieldyvon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies. I've decided to eat as usual but not deny myself a treat if I want it. It's easier to lose weight than smoke myself onto an early grave! Xxxx
  • sweetgold2
    sweetgold2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you think you can OR if you think you can't.........you're right !
  • sweetgold2
    sweetgold2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck!