Best Macros for Cutting?

Options
Do you agree or disagree with this information?

Why/Why Not?

http://seannal.com/articles/nutrition/best-macros-for-cutting.php

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Eat less bro
  • TheresaLisaJulieJean
    TheresaLisaJulieJean Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Eat less bro

Very helpful thank you bro
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    According to this I should be eating 2356 cals a day, 204g of protein and 65g of fat. I very much doubt I would lose weight or would have to be at the gym most of the day. The only good thing about this is that it states you should eat less calories than you burn which we already know.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well, yeah. Nothing really new here.

This is the general 0.8 - 1.25g of protein per lbs of bodyweight, 25% of total calories coming from dietary fat , and fill the rest with carbs advice.

Also..
    3) Also note that unless you’re a competitive athlete aiming to reach a specific body fat percentage by a specific date, the exact fat loss macro numbers outlined here should simply be treated as estimations.

Hitting your total daily calorie target is quite important and should be aimed for within a hundred calories or so each day if you want to see the best results… but it’s not crucial from a pure fat burning perspective that you consume exactly 178.6 grams of protein and 69.4 grams of fat every single day.

Overly obsessing about this could actually do you more harm than good, and for the average trainee, just coming somewhat close will still yield great results in the big picture.

Any range of macronutrients that you can stick to, and at least meet minimum levels for health will work.

Although for one of these BUY MY BOOK type advice sites this one actually contains mostly sense in regards to meal timing, CICO, clean eating and the like.