So Disgusted

Options
I have to say that I have finally hit bottom with my weight. After three months of wallowing in Depression, Anxiety and Anger, I turned to food to comfort me. I now weigh 250 pounds, 100 pounds overweight. I have never been this big in my whole life. I do Drink quite a bit of Dr. Pepper, and most days all I eat is icecream and milk, and drink caffeine (Dr Pepper) Im addicted to the caffeine and sugar. You know I quit smoking 20 years ago, One of the hardest things I have every done in my life, and Im wondering why or where did my self control over the nicotine, came from and why I cant get it back to lose weight. Its completely awful and I feel disgusting. I cant walk more then 10 minutes without getting out of breath. And all of this coming from a Navy Vet. How do you find motivation?

Replies

• chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I read through the success stories here for women my height and highest weight (246) and realized if they could do it I could.

I researched about calories and learned about bmr and tdee to the point I was comfortable with finding my own personal numbers and started eating within them.

Motivation is fleeting though so after the initial motivation you need to keep pushing through, dedicate yourself.

Try not to restrict yourself from your favorite foods, just stay within calories. Realize this is a change for life. Read up a bit of how obesity is extremely unhealthy.

• chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Be aware of this fat acceptance misinformation going around and also be aware that starvation mode is not a thing, you cannot eat more to lose more.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I think it's easier to get/stay away from cigarettes than it is to get away from food. You have to eat. And there's so many choices and advertisements it's really hard. We are mostly all in the same boat and understand how you feel;) Maybe you can plan (within your calories) a yummy treat for the night and if you stick to your plan all day then you get your yummy dessert at night:) I do well with rewards and knowing I can still have my fav foods if they fit in my cals makes it easier for me to stay on plan:) You're stronger than you realize...stick with it and make some new habits;)
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I recently started being more active. It is extremely difficult to do so day in day out. Fortunately, I have an active job. Anyone in this thread, feel free to join my Freeletics team. I just started the team and been using the app for a week so far. I want others to join me in weekly goals and challenges.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/641563072659407/
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of help with FAA's food plan. I used to eat just like you! I'm finally free from the sugar, and I'm down almost 100 pounds. You can do this, but this website might help:

http://foodaddictsanonymous.org/are-you-food-addict
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When i started wanting to lose weigh i gave my self the rule that i could not drink soda unles i had food with it it worked for a bit