do work out dvd's work?

Emmea2729
Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
i ordered a 10 minute workout dvd the other day. you can either do just the ten minutes a day, or combine a few together (i'll probably do that)
i'll either get in tomorrow or the day after, but im wondering if they actually work?

Replies

• mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    I've always done workout DVDs. At my healthiest and most focused, I was always kickboxing or doing Pilates w/ the tv!!! I would recommend getting either Billy Blanks' or Jillian Michaels' DVDs because I have always found them so challenging but also fun!

Best of luck!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I've been using the 30 Day Shred DVD for almost 2 months now and it's giving me great results. I mix it up with other things, like my EA Sports Active for the Wii, going to the gym, Zumba and swimming. Its good and intense for a 30 minute workout. I think DVDs are a great way to work out in your home, usually it just requires a set of hand weights.
  • kejurek
    kejurek Posts: 28 Member
    Did you get Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer? I have those DVD's and they are great. You would be surprised how sore you will be after just 10 minutes. I'll do 2 or 3 a day and it definitely is a great workout and you will for sure get results! Good Luck :)
  • I think on a really hot or cold days, work out videos are great. As long as I do what the video says and really get my heart rate going, I do feel the difference in my muscles and on the scale. I think when they don't work it when people don't put everything into and are lazy while doing it. I also have to find ones that make sense and the exercises aren't too complicated.

Good Luck
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    It sounds like you ordered the 10-Minute Trainer program? If so, be ready to get your booty kicked!! I find it funny that people ask if home workout programs work. MOST of them do work....but only if they are used!!! BUT, even if a person uses them and they do not change their eating habits, they will most likely not see any results. Can't blame that on the DVD though. Eating right and working out - burning more calories than a person consumes is what works.

Don't mean to be so blunt, but I really get tired of people asking that question. I work out to NOTHING but home exercise DVD's and I've never been in better shape than I am today....and I've been using them for 3 years now. I will never sign up for a gym membership again.
  • karenpeb
    karenpeb Posts: 23
    I have Comcast cable on Demand and they have lots of exercise options on Fit TV I can get instantly.

They even have a belly dancing one! I think that's really neat! All types of levels of activity.....everybody can find something they like there. Nice to have so I'm not stuck buying DVD's all the time.

Does anybody have any luck with the libraries? I heard you can check out exercise videos there.
  • Emmea2729
    yeah i cant afford the gym but i go swimming and play badminton and other things. just wondered if they actually make a difference...
    its meant to focus on ya legs more than anything and this is where i want to make a difference, pretty haappy with my stomach...

how long does it take roughly to get results? if used properly and everday?
  • kejurek
    kejurek Posts: 28 Member
    yeah i cant afford the gym but i go swimming and play badminton and other things. just wondered if they actually make a difference...
    its meant to focus on ya legs more than anything and this is where i want to make a difference, pretty haappy with my stomach...

how long does it take roughly to get results? if used properly and everday?

The 10 minute tapes have just a leg workout and it is amazing and you will see results quickly. My legs are a problem area too and I don't really have weight I want to lose my legs just aren't how I would like them so I do the lower body workout and I have problems walking the next day bc I'm sore but it is definitely a good thing. Personally, I felt a difference after just a few workouts.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    They've worked for me! I've done nothing but the Walk Away the Pounds dvd's since I started. They are probably a little less intense than some of the others but have worked out just fine for me. :smile:
  • I am using the fat blaster ten minunte work out. I can definitely hold my tummy muscles in for longer now
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I LOVE the 10 minute workouts! I like to say if you get the first 5 minutes out of the way I can finish my 30-40 minutes!

So I set mine up with a 30 minute workout but go into for the first 10.....period, no promises
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I LOVE the 10 minute workouts! I like to say if you get the first 5 minutes out of the way I can finish my 30-40 minutes!

So I set mine up with a 30 minute workout but go into for the first 10.....period, no promises
  • Hell yeah they work!! If you're willing to give 110% to the workout, you're bound to see results - trust me. I've been doing Leslie Sansone forever & I've been toning up & shedding pounds. If you've got a great workout video, then it will feel like the instructor is right there - pushing you, encouraging you. I love workout DVDs, they're great if you can't make it to the gym, don't like the gym, or can't afford the gym.

Good luck finding some great workout DVDs & share any great ones you find with us, and good luck on your path to a healthier lifestyle :)
  • Emmea2729
    thanks guys :D
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    someone above said that the 10 minute workouts are just for legs. this is not true. there are several different 10 minute workouts with different people. i did mine to a girl....not some tony person.

any kind of exercise is good exercise

my first workout tape, vhs, was cosmo optibody, and i had results in high school from that, i had abs! it was great.

i got a 10 minute dance cardio one a while back and that was great too. as well as a 10 minute one with denise austin.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    It sounds like you ordered the 10-Minute Trainer program? If so, be ready to get your booty kicked!! I find it funny that people ask if home workout programs work. MOST of them do work....but only if they are used!!! BUT, even if a person uses them and they do not change their eating habits, they will most likely not see any results. Can't blame that on the DVD though. Eating right and working out - burning more calories than a person consumes is what works.

Don't mean to be so blunt, but I really get tired of people asking that question. I work out to NOTHING but home exercise DVD's and I've never been in better shape than I am today....and I've been using them for 3 years now. I will never sign up for a gym membership again.

I started w/TMT and it is a workout ;) I loved it! After a while I switched to ChaLEAN Extreme and then P90X.
    I also will never sign-up for a gym membership. I occasionally take classes with friends and when I do it's yoga
  • I like Pilates with Gin Miller it has a resistance bar and DVD in one. Works your core pretty good when you cant get outside or go to the gym...
This discussion has been closed.