How to lose belly fat

Options
I lost 10% of my weight but my waist measures the same- I am a normal weight 44 year old.

Replies

• viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Women usually don't carry their excess fat in their waistline like men. Did you lose inches in your hips and thighs?
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I lost 20% of my body weight so far and have dropped two pants sizes. The waist is usually the most stubborn from what I have heard and that last place that loses weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit or at maintenance and do progressive resistance exercise.

While most women carry more fat in their hips and thighs, not all do. Some of us have more of a male fat distribution.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

While most women carry more fat in their hips and thighs, not all do. Some of us have more of a male fat distribution.

Ha, my hips and thighs are fine. It's the incredibly stubborn belly fat that is giving me major grief!

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is dictated by your genetics. The belly is often the first place fat accumulates and the last place it gets removed. I'm 5-10 and 145 pounds and look like I'm wearing a spare tire, even though clothed normally I look super skinny. Every woman in my family on my mom's side has had that belly pouch. I'd have to get down to a ridiculously low body fat percentage in order for that all to go away. No thanks. I'd rather eat. So I choose to live with it.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, women can carry weight like men do. We don't all carry it in our hips and thighs. It's called having an apple shape.

For some of us the belly is the very last to go. I'm basically skinny all over except for my belly. There's about 10 pounds just sitting right on my stomach and it's very slowly getting smaller, but it was the first to go on and it's going to be the last to come off.

• jemhh
    edited May 2016
    Options

Ha, my hips and thighs are fine. It's the incredibly stubborn belly fat that is giving me major grief!

Same here. I have minimal leg fat and have never thought my hips or thighs were too big. In fact I mentally pout each time I take my measurements and find my hips have shrunk. My waist and belly are ridiculous though.
  • Christine_72
    edited May 2016
    Options

Same here. I have minimal leg fat and have never thought my hips or thighs were too big. In fact I mentally pout each time I take my measurements and find my hips have shrunk. My waist and belly are ridiculous though.

I'm ever so close to just giving up, and learning to live with it :(

It's not as if I'll be flouncing around in a bikini anytime soon anyway :tongue:
  • jemhh
    edited May 2016
    Options

It's not as if I'll be flouncing around in a bikini anytime soon anyway :tongue:

Yeah, that's why I've switched over to maintenance/recomp for now. The belly fat fight was getting me a bit mental :grimace: Ugh, swimsuits! Lol.
  • Stuugie
    Stuugie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try a couple wraps from It Works, they're great for stubborn tummy fat.
  • jemhh
    Options
    Stuugie wrote: »

Wraps do not make you lose fat.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Stuugie wrote: »

If those things actually worked, there would be no fat folks.

May as well wrap up in Glad Wrap. Save your money, it's basically the same thing, won't accomplish a thing and a heck of a lot cheaper.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Yeah, that's why I've switched over to maintenance/recomp for now. The belly fat fight was getting me a bit mental :grimace: Ugh, swimsuits! Lol.

Haha snap! I just changed over to my goal weight maintenance calories last week, and earning an extra 500 through exercise everyday, which I'm trying not to eat back...
    If the weight comes off, it comes off. If not then I'm ok with that too.