Food and exercises

Options
blackscarrr
blackscarrr Posts: 3 Member
Hello , I'm 21y/o and I'm 165 cm >>> 91 lbs I'm thin ...How many times per week should exercise ?

Replies

• diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    3 times weekly.
    Nutrition is key also to gain lean mass.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You are underweight so if you exercise you will need to eat more.

5 times a week x 30 mins is counted as healthy exercise.

For those of us who love it, we take 1 rest day per week.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    IMO for good general tone I'd have to agree with at least 3 times as previously stated. You could go everyday even if you'd like and build a great routine rotating target areas to work on for strength development. Just make sure you're eating plenty of good food. training hard and under eating in your case may be counter productive. So chow down!
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    To gain weight you need to eat more calories than you consume. Also, your "exercise" should be lifting weights. Maybe do 1 cardio session per week to stay healthy but even then you should be eating back any calories you burn. 91lbs is thin AF so dont worry too much about what you are eating at this stage. Just EAT!
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    To gain weight you need to eat more calories than you consume. Also, your "exercise" should be lifting weights. Maybe do 1 cardio session per week to stay healthy but even then you should be eating back any calories you burn. 91lbs is thin AF so dont worry too much about what you are eating at this stage. Just EAT!

Great ideas are available from Success Stories section in MFP, also check out bodybuilding.com the information there is first rate and encyclopedic!
    I agree with great advice above... hey you can train every day if you gobble up enough calories... You are the only one to hear your body speak, just listen and learn!
    By all means learn from an experienced trainer how to execute movements with proper technique! Use progressive overload but start light. Dont be afraid to ask more great questions... here or at the gym, check answers with your own Google searches!
  • blackscarrr
    blackscarrr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    diverroboz wrote: »
    3 times weekly.

"Constant weight" .. my body won't even gain 1kg
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    diverroboz wrote: »
    3 times weekly.

"Constant weight" .. my body won't even gain 1kg

It's because you aren't eating enough calories. Your exercise program controls muscle growth and fitness. Your diet, the single most important factor to weight gain, maintenance or weight loss, needs to be adjusted to address your goals. If you don't get enough calories, you won't grow. Use the below thread to incorporate higher calorie foods.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1