Protein only meals

Options
I'm trying to lose belly fat and a discussion in the gym suggested I cut out carbs and eight only protein meals this however is more difficult than first thought when I try to eat protein only foods they still have a carb count
So my question is am I wasting my time or if this is a good idea can you suggest any good foods I can try as protein only.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are wasting your time on that. Eat a balanced diet containing fat, protein and carbs, totaling an appropriate number of calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You won't find anything that is protein only. Protein usually has some fat attached to it (or carbs in the case of egg whites). Even protein powders tend to have a few grams of fat/carbs. This sounds boring and very unnecessary. Just eat reasonably within your calorie limit and with a good protein budget and you should be fine.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrates do not create belly fat. The misconception here is due to carbohydrates effecting aesthetics due to sometines giving a fuller and more 'puffy' look due to water levels. This is not a fat loss issue and probably something that only stage ready bodybuilders need to be concerned with.

Basically, it's typical gym advice that has little bearing in reality.

'Belly fat' isn't really a thing. It's just fat that has accumulated in the abdominal area rather than elsewhere due to your genetics.

You can not target reduction of fat in a certain area.