1 year: 119kgs (262lbs) - 46.4kgs (102lbs) = HAPPY!! [pics]

Options
fidangul
fidangul Posts: 673 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
Hi all!! I'm a mum of a 2.5 & 1.5 year old. I was overweight/obese since childhood. It did always bother me but I never had the patience/will/strength (call it what you will) to stick to a "diet".... Anyway, to cut a long story short, I started my weightloss 4th May 2015. I always looked at the success board for inspiration and motivation. So it's time to pay it forward. I hope that this can help others too!!!

Here's what I did in the last year:...

- I looked into the community space and made lots of friends, joined in challeges and learned (or re-learned) quite a few bits of information.

- I initially focussed on my eating; portion control and mindfulness. The only item that I completely stopped consuming was regular fizzy drinks. But I still drank the diet versions 1-2 times a day. Every CI has been recorded into my food diary.

- I set myself "bitesize" (realistic) weightloss goals. Didn't set a time limit on them. The first one for example was "when I drop below 100kg I'll reward myself with a west end musical" And I did reward myself.

- Since August 2015 I've been taking part in the monthly weightloss challenge. I find it to be a fantastic motivator.

- I didn't have and still don't have structured exercise schedule, just what I can do whenever that I can do them- examples; at the start I went along to a local zumba class at times. I completed 1 round of 30 Day Shred over the summer(Aug 2015). Another time I challenged my self for a 1000minute exercise in a month (Sept 2015). I did a separate 30 day squat and plank challenge (March 2016). And I walked as much/little as I can. (In my book marching on the spot counts too).

- about 5 months into weightloss I invested in a food scale. I use it all the time! And a month after that I purchased my fitbit charge hr. (Weightloss was slowing down and guestimation was no longer working)

- January 2016 I joined the gym but still have no structure. If I can find someone to babysit for me then I'm there. I could go a couple of weeks with no gym but When I do get the chance to go, I make the most of it. I've also been trying to hit my protein goal (work in progress).

- I still went out to eat 1-2 times a week just made careful choices. But logged it straight away.

STATS
Height: 171cm
Highest recorded weight: 125kg
SW: 119kg
CW: 72.6kg
Total weight loss: 46.4kg (102lbs)
Start Dress size uk 24
Current DS: uk 12
Start BMI: 40.7
Current BMI: 24.8

Now, I want to lose a little more, just so that I can keep within a comfortable weight range and to accommodate for weight fluctuations. I'd also like to improve my fitness and work on strength training.

In celebration I have booked a tree top zip wire course adventure for tomorrow. I always wanted to do it but was far to self-conscious about my weight and appearance.

Photo taken about 10kgs in...
rd40d3n6gvx0.jpeg

Photo taken a couple of weeks ago
0lx0vycq6o40.jpeg

Replies

• chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    well done :)
  • fidangul
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! I love the celebration idea too :)
  • 118kimberly
    118kimberly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! And so inspired. Thank you!
  • fidangul
    Options
    Thankyou ladies!!!
  • MrsPotStirerLoL
    MrsPotStirerLoL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look so good and I'm proud to have you as my MFP !!!!!!
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well Done!!
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • fidangul
    Options
    Thankyou again everyone.

@MrsPotStirerLoL I couldn't have done it without you girls!!
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am 173cms and started at 125kg as well! twins. I haven't had the same level of success yet.
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before, but stunning after! Way to go!
  • tltmom
    tltmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy and I love the "after" outfit. Lovely! Best wishes for continued success!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Incredible job!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Thanks for sharing your story :)
  • mrshazia
    mrshazia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sooo soooo soooo inspiring
    Sooooo proud of you
    May you have a healthy wealthy life ahead !!!
  • caughtredhandd83
    caughtredhandd83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! I love that you rewarded yourself with non food treats as you hit your smaller goals. I think I'm going to follow your example on that. A ten percent loss of my starting weight will mean a deluxe pedicure. :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions!!! great dedication and hardwork!!! Inspired!!!
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Amazing
    Congratulations! Ur beautiful:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!