Favorite running shoe

Options
Looking for a new pair of sneaks and wondering what everyone's opinion on their favorite one is. Asics seem to get a pretty good review and that's what I wear right now but I'm looking to maybe try something different. I've got a fairly wide foot with poor arch.

Replies

• danrhodes
    danrhodes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wear new balance and they are great!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Brooks Dyad is the best for me - but that's pretty irrelevant, the only way to find the right shoe is to try them on.
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We are all different. Find which best works for you. For me, I like the Adidas Supernova.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    New balance for me
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    go get fitted at a reputable running store. everyone is different. I love my mizunos and can't stand nike.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I tried on and tested a bunch of stuff at the running store, and eventually went with New Balance. So far they have not let me down; I'm very happy with them. Definitely go to a running store and get fitted, because you may be different.
  • dwygtd
    dwygtd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    mizuno wave creation ... got fitted at a running store that's what works for my feet
    had 3 pairs so far there great
  • mdlowrance
    mdlowrance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love my Brooks ghosts. Tried the adrenalines everyone raves about this time- and will definitely be going back to my tried and true Ghosts.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost for me, too. Although everyone is different, so agree with previous posters about going to a running store.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Brooks.
  • hawksfan881972
    hawksfan881972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the Asics. Tried a bunch of other brands, but keep going back to what works.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Newtons! Asics fit my feet best, but Newtons feel better in action.

Nikes do not make a long enough shoe for my foot, last time I checked, nor do Reebock. My feet aren't really that big, either.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like mizuno wave inspire and Nike free flyknit 4.0
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Mizuno AND Mizuno
  • FatMomRun
    FatMomRun Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I wear either Brooks Ghosts, ON Cloudsurfers or Saucony Triumph, my favorites are the ONs.

Also if you are running and sort of distances, get your shoes 1/2 size to a full size bigger than you normally wear so you lessen your chances of losing toenails.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love Brooks too. I agree with the others. Go to a running store where they can check your arch,etc to recommend a good shoe for you. I was Asics forever, but when I switched to Brooks, per their suggestion, it made a big difference.
  • mave36
    mave36 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on my second pair of Nike Free Runs and I love them. They are thin and light but I love how the sole is designed and the material on my toes are not restricting at all.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Depends very much on the terrain you run on, and your gait. I'm increasingly using Inov-8 Race Ultra for trails and Road Claws for road.

Both have low drop and good ground feel.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Saucony Kinvara. 4mm drop.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    FatMomRun wrote: »
    I wear either Brooks Ghosts, ON Cloudsurfers or Saucony Triumph, my favorites are the ONs.

Also if you are running and sort of distances, get your shoes 1/2 size to a full size bigger than you normally wear so you lessen your chances of losing toenails.

This is tricky. For me, with narrowish feet and long toes, buying shoes too long puts the ball of the foot in the wrong part of the shoe, and makes them too wide to be stable on my feet. On the other hand, my feet don't swell much lengthwise. So it's a YMMV thing.