FITBIT SYNC WALK WITH MFP

Options
Okay so I just got a Fitbit and I use the Map you walk option when I walk outside. It saves in automatically on the Fitbit app. I had read for it to show on MFP I have to manually add it in with the start time which I did. Well I went on to the FitBit screen on my computer and it had my walk from the Fitbit and from MFP so it doubled it up. What am I doing wrong. I really want to use the FitBit Map my walk option I love it since it is similar to the Nike Run one I have. Please your help would be awesome. I have everything synced right it sends my cals to the fitbit when I record them in MFP and it sends my steps from the fitbit to mfp. THANK YOU

Replies

• dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It takes a couple of weeks for it all to work itself out! I don't really know why .....Try looking at the post soon the Fitbit board it's really helpful. I think patience is the key to start with. Good luck :wink:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Okay, so what you should do,

Make note of your total calorie burn
    delete the exercise log from MFP
    did the calorie burn change at all?

If not it wasn't doubling up the calories, just showing the same workout logged twice.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Fitbit doesn't sync workouts to MFP. It brings over total calorie burn for the day and amount of steps taken. MFP then subtracts your TDEE as it calculates it to get your "exercise" calories to add in. Your workout is included in those numbers. So MFP does have your workout, you just can't see it because of the way they sync.