spotify running playlist

Options
Anyone have a favorite slower-tempo running playlist?? Need some new music for my morning runs!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Slower-tempo? I am usually looking for something a bit zippy for my runs. I subscribe to Google play music and often need to hit the "feeling lucky" button several times until I get a tempo I like.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should clarify! I like upbeat music, but a lot of the "running" playlists that I come across are too high-tempo and I end up gassing out trying to run to the beat of a song that's too fast!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Gotcha, I hate it when something real slow comes on, it makes me feel like I am in slow motion going uphill.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like to run with the rhythm, and it's TOUGH to find the right cadence. My favorite slower-pace song is Foo Fighter's Everlong. Actually, for some reason (I'm no musician) a lot of their music works for running. Some slower, some faster.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My favorite slower-pace song is Foo Fighter's Everlong. Actually, for some reason (I'm no musician) a lot of their music works for running.

YES!! Foo Fighters, Peppers, and Franti!

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a favorite slower-tempo running playlist?? Need some new music for my morning runs!

Spotify has different running playlists by tempo - high cadence to low cadence. Check those out, one should work.

Or if you like M. Franti, just put his whole spotify catalog into one list, don't laugh at me, but I did this, sorted them alphapetically and sometimes listen at work.

It's gone now, but "Indie Soul" was also a great list for running. Hosier, Janelle Monae, Caught a Ghost, Ella Eyre, it was such a good mix. I step quickly while running but don't always want such fast music, I like around the tempo I'd dance to best.

Sometimes I sing instead of listening, too. Feel like it builds fitness...