Need some body builders friends on this app

Options
Hi, I'm Ross, 18 years old.
In the past two weeks I gained 2lbs in muscle but I'm finding hard to stay dedicated.
I would just like to do this with someone else as none of my mates are into what I am doing, add me as a friends if you like I'm pretty active unless I am at the gym or eating food

Replies

• diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Now is a great time to get some photos and measures logged into your MFP! LOG everything and track... that will provide accountability, which in itself is a great motivator.
    Great gains in 2 weeks by the way!
    Tell us about your diet and training and general activity outside the gym and any problems you have.
    Take care yo use correct form over weight and that will reduce risk of injury!! Find another person at your gym to train with. Get plenty of sleep and balanced diet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's your secret? it's pretty much impossible to gain that amount of muscle in 2 weeks?
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lol!
    Yeah It's mostly fat, and the act that I weigh myself before a workout... I went from a morning to nighttime schedule as well! I weigh 95kg so that change is common for me during the day!
    It'll all even put soon and I'm it one to put that much stick in scales anyway. Like I say it's normal for me to bounce around between 91 and 96kg in a week. I've been training in and off for 20 plus years too.
    I should post my pic up but the App keeps bombing out when I try!

• rosstarrant7
    rosstarrant7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I train 5 times a week working on these once a day: day 1 arms; day 2 legs; day 3 chest; day 4 shoulders; day 5 back and 2 days off rest. I did have a gym partner but he has just moved into a new house so has no money for the gym. Every 2 weeks on a Saturday morning I weigh myself and 2 weeks ago I was 9 stone 12 Saturday just gone I was 10 stone exactly. Btw, I also do abs or cardio after my day at the gym and I play football on Sunday's.
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I train 5 times a week working on these once a day: day 1 arms; day 2 legs; day 3 chest; day 4 shoulders; day 5 back and 2 days off rest. I did have a gym partner but he has just moved into a new house so has no money for the gym. Every 2 weeks on a Saturday morning I weigh myself and 2 weeks ago I was 9 stone 12 Saturday just gone I was 10 stone exactly. Btw, I also do abs or cardio after my day at the gym and I play football on Sunday's.

You should check out the beginner workout programs on the bodybuilding.com website. I would suggest doing a PPL routine. It's a push/pull/leg routine. I do legs with my pull routine so I save 2 days a week working out and I'm doing DLs with back anyway. So I do a modified PPL where it's Pull with Legs on Monday and Thursday and the Push on Tuesday's and Friday's. This gives me the option to move my Friday to Saturday if my schedule changes. I do abs on my push days since adding legs to my pull day is pretty grueling. Concentrate on compound movements. Deadlifts, squats, pullups (all 3 hand positions), bench press (or incline bench), over head press. Throw in some curls and tricep ext. if you must. If your main focus is gaining muscle without gaining fat, shot for gaining about 2lbs per month and lift heavy. Check out the programs on the other website and find something that works for you. Make sure your getting enough protein and track your calories on here.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Just because you've gained weight doesn't mean it's all muscle.