Nose piercing how painful?

Options
MissyI30
MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
edited May 2016 in Chit-Chat
I'm thinking of doing just a very small stud nose piercing when I hit my next little goal. Anyone here have it done can you discribe the pain level? I've had a top of the foot tattoo done I'm thinking it can't hurt as bad as that did lol. Are they a pain to care for or irritating being in the nose area?

Replies

• rockgoddess2016
    rockgoddess2016 Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    If you get it done properly you will not feel pain. Only pressure.

If you've been through a tat then a peircing is a cake walk!
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had it done waaaay back in the day. (& let it close). It hurts a lot less than a tattoo.
  • Jamiepk1985
    Jamiepk1985 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all. I remember thinking "oh! Are you done?" Lol
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    That's my reward for my goal weight! Hoping it doesn't hurt as much as the belly button did. That HURT!!!! And hurt for a long time for a stomach sleeper!!!
  • NMSever
    NMSever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had mine done 14 years ago (still have it). But I agree with a previous poster that it's mostly pressure, not much pain. It's very quick. It was my least painful piercing I'd say.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I remember my eyes watered up a bit when I got mine done, but other than that it was no worse than getting my ears pierced.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had both of my nostrils pierced back in October, and the first one was a quick pinch and then done. The second one hurt more than the first (which is true for most piercings, second one will hurt worse if you're getting them done in the same appointment usually). But even the second one wasn't bad. Have definitely experienced worse pain in my life lol. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 2 for the first one, 3 for the second.

My nose was sore for about a week afterward, just be careful and try not to bump your nose into stuff! They're not a pain at all anymore really. Occasionally they'll get snagged on a washcloth when I'm washing my face and not being careful, but it doesn't hurt. Blowing my nose and stuff is no problemo.

Your eyes will water up just because it's the nose. If you want it, definitely go for it! The pinch only lasts for a second.

Edited to add: my least painful piercings besides my ears.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Got mine 9 years ago (wow, I'm old!) and it didn't hurt at all!

I also have a tattoo and my ears double pierced. My nose piercing hurt the least of all of them.
  • reddevil614
    reddevil614 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    omg, I find it so fascinating how different people are! I have my nose, belly button, and tragus pierced (the flap covering ur ear hole) plus multiple tattoos and my nose hurt sooooo bad, would never do again!! and weirdly enough, the tattoo on the back of my neck barely hurt at all, but others have said it was torture....although the tattoos on my inner wrist were excruciating the closer they got to my hand. just so crazy how pain is so individualized
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My eyes watered but it really wasn't bad. To compare I had 4 ear cartilage piercings, both tragus' (tragusi?), and both nipples as well. I'd do it again, and may have to if I want it in the future. I had to remove all my piercings for surgery two summers ago and I only put my very favorites back in. I was also working with a baby at the time and I hate how they grabbed it. I would do it again :)
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    i want snake bites but idk how painful it is