belly fat

Options
I was a skinny guy I started to gain weight and some muscles I can see my muscles growing and also very little fat around my biceps and legs that's normal but worst part is I have gained abnormal belly fat is it normal???

Replies

• diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes. And no. Billing diets call for excess calories to fuel growth... that surplus funds both lean mass and fat gains. The cut phase will trim back down once the new goal is set in MFP and the weight will fall away.
    It's this timkering and pendulum swing that allows you to become educated on how your body responds to chsnges in workload and calories.
    Authority Nutrition have a great article on this called 20 foods that make you get, Google time is now! Lol
  • kggarg999
    kggarg999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    diverroboz wrote: »
    Yes. And no. Billing diets call for excess calories to fuel growth... that surplus funds both lean mass and fat gains. The cut phase will trim back down once the new goal is set in MFP and the weight will fall away.
    It's this timkering and pendulum swing that allows you to become educated on how your body responds to chsnges in workload and calories.
    Authority Nutrition have a great article on this called 20 foods that make you get, Google time is now! Lol

You are right but the worst thing is I m gaining fat only in stomach it makes me look so unhealthy
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The tummy bulge will melt away again once your body has gotten used to the extra food & got the muscles growing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The tummy bulge will melt away again once your body has gotten used to the extra food & got the muscles growing.

That isn't how it works. He will only "melt" the tummy fat if he cuts after his bulk.
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    kggarg999 wrote: »

You are right but the worst thing is I m gaining fat only in stomach it makes me look so unhealthy
    You should gain a little bit of fat on a bulk, but not so much as you look unhealthy. 2 things are the cause
    1) Your calories are too high
    2) Your workout routine sucks

It could be either 1 of the above or a combination of both.
  • kggarg999
    Options
    Thank you guys for your inputs I am not doing any weight training I have not access to gym there will return home in 1 month and start weight training I was extremely underweight since my childhood but now I have recovered and also to minimise the fat gains I cut down the fat and some carbs from my diet I am doing body weight exercises now switched to complete clean diet and I am seeing results as some muscles and some fat too and I feel much stronger than before may be now I m normal looking to lean bulk after a month thank you MFP
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Excess stomach fat = excess body fat %. You cannot spot reduce fat in specific areas.

What you can do is eat at a deficit (TDEE minus 250 to 500 calories), and your overall body fat % will decrease, reducing fat everywhere. The order it comes off at depends on your genetics.

Also, lift to build muscles underneath the fat, so when you cut enough, your muscles get revealed. If you are bulking, add a little bit of cardio in your routine so you don't go crazy with the bulk.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Look up bulking and cutting, if you haven't already.

You can't control where the fat goes unfortunately. Best bet is to try to stay relatively lean when bulking by only eating a small surplus.
  • kggarg999
    Options
    Excess stomach fat = excess body fat %. You cannot spot reduce fat in specific areas.

What you can do is eat at a deficit (TDEE minus 250 to 500 calories), and your overall body fat % will decrease, reducing fat everywhere. The order it comes off at depends on your genetics.

Also, lift to build muscles underneath the fat, so when you cut enough, your muscles get revealed. If you are bulking, add a little bit of cardio in your routine so you don't go crazy with the bulk.

Should I increase cardio when cutting
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    kggarg999 wrote: »

Should I increase cardio when cutting

It's about balance. Cardio will support cardiovascular healthy and burn calories. Weight training will support skeletal healthy and burn few calories. In the end, if you want to cut, you want a small to moderated deficit (as @HamsterManV2 suggested) and a workout program you enjoy and will support both cardiovascular and skeletal health.