"Why You Shouldn't Exercise to Lose Weight"

Options
2»

Replies

• JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    We all have our experiences and we are all unique. But the human body is pretty amazing and we seem to be trying to crack the code. I've found that exercise just makes me feel better. I can squat down and not feel like its hell to stand back up because ive been exercising my legs same goes with other body parts from exercise. i have lost some weight and i'm sure that has helped, but i'm pretty sure i've lost weight because i'm not over eating like i used to. I'm paying attention to how i feel when i eat. I did some reading about the work that is being done with Diabetic people (type 2) and the basic understanding that being overweight for a lot of people is really about eating too much....simply put. I just know that the way i live and grew up, food is always available and pushed on us...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Another thought. Here's an analogy:

"You can't save money by getting a second job or working more hours. Why? Because you'll just spend all that extra money. The only way to get money is to spend less."

There may be some truth to this assertion: You may have to spend more money to get to and from that job, you may have less time to cook so you spend more money on food, you may be more careless with your spending. So you have to be careful with your budget to make sure you are getting the benefits form the extra work.

But if you ARE careful and watch your budget, you will get extra money from that second job. It's fatuous to suggest otherwise.

that's pretty much that article in a nutshell. i haaaaaate it. basically it just keeps saying "but you'll eat more" in 6 different ways. except....maybe i have self control and i won't eat more? or how about this? if i don't exercise and i'm already fat, i've already shown the propensity to overeat. but now when i start exercising we're going to blame the exercise for my propensity to overeat? okay then.