Bowflex max trainer

Options
Jayz395
Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
Hi all, has anyone used or got the bowflex max trainer m3? I wanted people opinions if possible. Thanks

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have not but have seen the commercials. While I am sure it provides a solid cardio workout, it does make some magical claims on it's infomercial that I don't necessarily believe
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have one, begged hubby for it for months he caved and bought it for me and I've used it maybe 5 times. I'm horrible, I know. Its a great machine, really but if your stamina isn't great and if your not really really dedicated to using it, its rough. If youre in decent shape and/or can force yourself to use it, its amazing... I have friends who swear by it. If your not in great shape (like me) and can't force yourself to use it (also, like me) then don't get it ... it's a lot of money and mine is being used as a clothing rack as of now. I'm hoping after I lose some of the lbs and get a little more stamina I can go back to it.
  • katyjay2014
    katyjay2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought one to kick start my weight loss and I love it! Its smooth, easy on my knees, and can burn a lot of calories quickly (as per the machine anyway!) I've lost over 50lb so far - yes with a healthier diet but machine seems to keep me grounded and keeps me going. The only cons for me is that it can be difficult to get inside the machine for lube and tightening of bolts when it gets noisy :) For me, best decision ever because it got me going and I've never looked back!
  • Jayz395
    Options
    I'm nearly at my goal, just started p90x3 with the wife who just starting her Journey so bought it for her and of course I'll use it too, wanted some extra cardio and liked the idea that it doesn't take up lots off room and it isn't an eye sore either
  • katyjay2014
    Options
    @xXxWhitneyxXx My stamina was terrible to begin with too :) I could barely do 150 calories before I was puffing, now I can do 1000 cal in an hour if I push myself. And my leg muscles appreciated it!
  • Jayz395
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I bought one to kick start my weight loss and I love it! Its smooth, easy on my knees, and can burn a lot of calories quickly (as per the machine anyway!) I've lost over 50lb so far - yes with a healthier diet but machine seems to keep me grounded and keeps me going. The only cons for me is that it can be difficult to get inside the machine for lube and tightening of bolts when it gets noisy :) For me, best decision ever because it got me going and I've never looked back!

Does it take a bit of maintenance does it? What programs or how often do you use it?
  • katyjay2014
    Options
    @Jayz39
    Does it take a bit of maintenance does it? What programs or how often do you use it?
    [/quote]

I use it any day I'm not working a shift, so approx 3-4 days a week, though that can vary a lot. I've had mine for a year and I've had to go inside and tighten and add lubricant twice and need to do it again. So not a lot considering how much I use it.

I sometimes use the 14 minute HIIT when I don't have a lot of time, but usually I just put it on the 2nd hardest setting and go for a good hour, works up a good sweat! I had to work my way up to that, definitely! I find that its very variable because I can go as hard or as easy as I want with the settings.

• mndimichele
    mndimichele Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the M5. It is awesome. There are so many different exercises you can do. The app that goes with it is very motivating. I would recommend it. It is also nice that it doesn't take up a lot of floor space. I really like the dial, it makes you work hard to get your red line higher and higher. Just like going faster in a car.
  • Jayz395
    Options
    Thanks guys,should be here today, looking forward to getting it put together
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    @Jayz39

I use it any day I'm not working a shift, so approx 3-4 days a week, though that can vary a lot. I've had mine for a year and I've had to go inside and tighten and add lubricant twice and need to do it again. So not a lot considering how much I use it.

I sometimes use the 14 minute HIIT when I don't have a lot of time, but usually I just put it on the 2nd hardest setting and go for a good hour, works up a good sweat! I had to work my way up to that, definitely! I find that its very variable because I can go as hard or as easy as I want with the settings.

[/quote]

How is it for stability? Does it sway side to side at all? I haven't seen one, only on the web, and wondered about that. My sister had an elliptical that didn't take up much space but it was so unstable. Each pedal around made you feel like it was going tip over.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the M5 I got it practically brand new on Craigslist - best investment ever! Its compact, very sturdy and could give you a great workout in 14 mins - you get what you put into it.
  • katyjay2014
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    @Jayz39

How is it for stability? Does it sway side to side at all? I haven't seen one, only on the web, and wondered about that. My sister had an elliptical that didn't take up much space but it was so unstable. Each pedal around made you feel like it was going tip over.[/quote]

Absolute no instability! It doesn't move at all, that thought has never crossed my mind with it :)
  • Megblue
    Megblue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find it a challenge. My husband can walk for miles but he could barely do 5 minutes on the machine. I have been experimenting with different levels etc. It kicks my butt!!
  • Jayz395
    Options
    It's all together, bed time now so after p90x3 tomorrow I'll jump on it and give it a go
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just got the M7 a month ago and have been using it off and on only because I was sick for 2 solid weeks with a cold when it arrived. It now is making a weird noise (another reason I haven't been on it as often). Going to send Bowflex an email about it this weekend and hopefully it's something minor. I've been wanting to make it a permanent part of my routine before and after work.
  • Jayz395
    Options
    krazgrl wrote: »
    Just got the M7 a month ago and have been using it off and on only because I was sick for 2 solid weeks with a cold when it arrived. It now is making a weird noise (another reason I haven't been on it as often). Going to send Bowflex an email about it this weekend and hopefully it's something minor. I've been wanting to make it a permanent part of my routine before and after work.

Haven't seen the m7 over in the uk as yet