I have lost all my weight now what?

Options
So im 5'6 and I am currently 115 pounds.The only thing that is bothering me is that even though I have lost weight I have not lost my belly pooch .I dont want to lose anymore weight Im almost at the lower end of my bmi.I eat about 1300 calories each day and do Insanity t25 max 30 etc. Any ideas what I can do to loose the pooch?

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    at 115# I wonder what exactly the issue is - what seems like "pooch" to you might just be normal belly to most folks ~
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    It may depend on just how much weight you've lost...if it's a large number, that "pooch" could be extra skin...Other than that, you may just not be toning the area enough...Are you spending time working the abs, and all the muscles around it? Do you eat a lot of sodium, and are you close to that time of month? Lots of factors it could be...
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    toning??
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Eat at maintenance and lift weights.

This is my advice as well.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yeah, tone up time. Need to start lifting to gain some extra muscle mass. You now technically want to GAIN weight... but muscle, not fat.

Women should not be afraid of weights. Unless you're pumping yourself full of steroids daily, you're not going to turn into The Rock with Boobs.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!! :) it's fun
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    DanaDark wrote: »
    Yeah, tone up time. Need to start lifting to gain some extra muscle mass. You now technically want to GAIN weight... but muscle, not fat.

Women should not be afraid of weights. Unless you're pumping yourself full of steroids daily, you're not going to turn into The Rock with Boobs.

:D Now there is a mental image.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wasn't happy with my stomach when I reached goal weight. It wasn't until I had been doing resistance training for a while that I was finally happy.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what to do with your body, but my hope is to switch to recomp after I finish losing weight. Ideally I will be working part time by then (couple years away) and I hope we have a home or at least not living in the current apartment so I can have a good set of weights at home. My partner was a lifter for years so I hope to use his knowledge to build muscle. I think I will cut down to 180 then switch over to recomp.

But it's your body, what do you want from it? Building muscle will help you burn more calories overall so you could eat more and enjoy life a bit more!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

This
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Dit-to!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

Concur. You won't "bulk up". See: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »

This is my advice as well.

I'll third it. :smile: What someone said about you having a lil extra skin there could be the case as well. I still have a small pooch myself (5'4 and 118lbs) and part of it is indeed skin.... Weights have really helped my belly though.

• shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    HOW WILL LIFTING WEIGHTS HELP REDUCE BELLY FAT???

... & i'm not trying to be aggressive or argumentative, I just really want to know the answer to the question. That seems to be a logic some of you are pushing. But if you lose fat because of what you eat... how will lifting with no deficit make fat go away?

How does having more muscle mass reduce fate?

I neeeeddd to know!

I'm 5'10 around 150 in a similar situation. I don't like my midsection. I'm wondering if I should try to keep losing weight until the fat is gone orrrrr switch to recomp. Which takes CONSIDERABLY longer.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    shaunte92 wrote: »

... & i'm not trying to be aggressive or argumentative, I just really want to know the answer to the question. That seems to be a logic some of you are pushing. But if you lose fat because of what you eat... how will lifting with no deficit make fat go away?

I neeeeddd to know!

I'm 5'10 around 150 in a similar situation. I don't like my midsection. I'm wondering if I should try to keep losing weight until the fat is gone orrrrr switch to recomp. Which takes CONSIDERABLY longer.

If while doing a progressive load lifting program and eating at maintenance you can burn fat and build muscle at the same time....

recomp.

but I suspect the issue is weight loss....which includes muscle and fat instead of minimizing muscle loss with a low deficit some resistance training and enough protein.

I hate using this phrase but lots call it "skinny fat"...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I neeeeddd to know!

If while doing a progressive load lifting program and eating at maintenance you can burn fat and build muscle at the same time....

recomp.

but I suspect the issue is weight loss....which includes muscle and fat instead of minimizing muscle loss with a low deficit some resistance training and enough protein.

At 5'6" and 115 pounds she is most definitely NOT skinny fat...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I neeeeddd to know!

recomp.

At 5'6" and 115 pounds she is most definitely NOT skinny fat...

and you know this how?