Sweet potatoes,cauliflower & zucchini/squash!

Options
Shh_niqua
Shh_niqua Posts: 106 Member
What are some of your favorite ways to use those ingredient? Cauliflower pizza crust? Baked zucchini boats? Sweet potato fries? Or mashed? So many options!

What is the best way to cook sweet potatoes and zucchini for a week's worth of meal prep?

Replies

• Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato and cauliflower curry, throw in some chicken if you want.
  • jenerek_md
    jenerek_md Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ws2016 wrote: »

It's crazy you said that I just made that for dinner! With red lentils and spinach.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    jenerek_md wrote: »

It's crazy you said that I just made that for dinner! With red lentils and spinach.

I'll add those next time. Sounds good.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Throw the cauliflower in the food processor with chicken, dill pickles, sour cream (since I can't eat mayo due to allergies), seasonings and combine until smooth. I use that just like a chicken salad but it has cauliflower instead of eggs.
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    This isn't going to sound so great, but one of my most favorite lunches is roasted sweet potatoes with black beans. On Sunday afternoon I dice several sweet potatoes and dice a vidalia onion and put them in a cast iron frying pan with a little bit of bacon grease, and stir them around, and put it into the oven for around 30 minutes at about 375 degrees F. I measure out about 135 grams of the sweet potatoes/onions and put it into a container for lunch, and add about 130 grams of black beans, right out of the can. I heat it up at work for 2 min in the microwave and enjoy! It isn't a combination I've heard of before but I just love it! Often I eat this with a 1/2 cup of full fat cottage cheese. and some blackberries.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potatoes fries or just plain baked sweet potatoes here.
    Cauliflower - roasted or mashed with some laughing cow cheese
    Zucchini - roasted or sauteed but I have a bunch of recipes to try out, they're just more calories so I can't always fit them in... Love them in omelets too though!
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Zucchini's stuffed or zoodles
    Marrow stuffed
    Cauliflower I recently made as mash for a fish pie
    Cauliflower cheese
    Cauliflower and potato curry
    Squash- so many uses curries , soups , sautéed
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    jenerek_md wrote: »

Recipe please and thanks :smiley:
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I do zoodles frequently. This zoodles Lo Mein recipe is my favourite. I use only Braggs liquid aminos (instead of the oyster sauce) and it's still delicious. It's practically no calories for a huge portion. Especially since many times I sub tofu or shrimp instead of the chicken.

Also planning to make this Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes tonight.

Zucchini Lasagna is also delicious. I add eggplant to it to absorb the extra moisture.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Roasted sweet potatoes as a side dish or with lentils in a stew.

Cauliflower I roast or sautee and have as a side or I use it in a soup or I add it to a stir fry or pasta sauce/topping. Never anything fussy like a pizza crust or ricing it or mashing it -- I really like it better in more whole form.

Zucchini/summer squash -- much like cauliflower, except I don't roast it. Sauteed as a side on its own or with mushrooms and other veg, in a stir fry or pasta sauce. I also use it in my vegetable omelet often (alternate with broccoli and asparagus for my non greens veg and then have some kind of greens as well, like spinach or kale).
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    marinate and grill them. Yummy!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    sweetpotato-cube add seasonings. I like cumin, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Put them in foil pocket and add them to the grill. It will steam, and have a smoky taste.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    agbmom556 wrote: »
    sweetpotato-cube add seasonings. I like cumin, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Put them in foil pocket and add them to the grill. It will steam, and have a smoky taste.

Good choice of seasonings for sweet potatoes. If doing a lentil stew with them I use similar ones.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I would give that lot to my dog, although he probably wouldnt eat it either...