I'm struggling

Options
I have lost 35 pounds
I need to lose ten more but I have been eating a lot more because I'm having terrible hunger cravings
My goal is 1209 but I've been eating almost 1700
Unbelievable cravings for chocolate

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Have you reset your weight loss goal to 0.5lbs a week?
    Highly recommended when you're down to your last 10-20lbs.

If you've already done this, then take a look at your macro split. Are you getting enough protein and fat? Is your fibre up where it should be? Are carbs overshadowing everything else?
    You may have to do a bit of experimenting and see if you can find your sweet spot.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Definitely change to 1/2 pound a week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Open your diary to "public". DO change your goal to 1/2 lb per week. DO eat every calorie in your budget.
    DO get those calories with protein and vegetables. DO budget 1 oz of dark chocolate in your food plan each day. This doesn't have to be painful. This shouldn't be painful. If this is painful you won't ever be able to maintain this weight much less reach your goal.
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    500 calories per day is a decent amount of chocolate!!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have seen this a few times, people suggesting alternatives.

I have heard chocolate cravings are caused by low magnesium and brazil nuts are meant to be an alternative or other high magnesium foods.

Disclaimer: dont know if any of this is true, just seen it repeated often.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Low-cal veggies are your friend. Make soups. Make salads. Spice them up. Snack on them 24/7. They are super filling and they contain few calories.