Coldest spring ever

Options
Usually this time of year I am in sandals and short sleeve shirts just loving the spring weather! Well, this year I am freakin freezing all the time! I really want to wear my cute sandals and new clothes but I can't concentrate at work because I'm numb lol. Do you ever adjust after you've been maintaining weight loss for a while?? Obviously I'd rather be cold than obese but I'm just curious! :)

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    LOL, I've been cold as well, but just thought it was the weather, but maybe you have a point. I'm down 30 pounds and freezing my a** off.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    No. I was chilly in the office today. The thermometer read 73F most of the day. That isn't cold, but yet, I felt a jacket would be nice.

It was 85F today, so can't relate to your cold spring. :p
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Do you ever adjust after you've been maintaining weight loss for a while??

Don't know, but I'd imagine people adjust. They definitely perceive temperatures relatively.
    I'm down about 3% bodyfat this year than last spring and I'm freezing in the 50s. Last year, that would've been shorts weather for me.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time, I've never adjusted. I just wear lots of layers
  • PhysicsOnIce
    PhysicsOnIce Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I'm the crazy person in the office (No AC) wearing a fleece in the middle of summer, but I'm okay in a tank top on an Ice rink since I'm being active.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've noticed since I've lost weight I do feel cold easier. In March when the temp was in the low 40's with a breeze I felt as chilled as I used to when the temp was in the mid 20's! I hope I can get used to this by next winter. Winters in Florida are starting to sound really good.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I do feel colder after weight loss. This has not changed after about 3 years in maintenance. For me it is a blessing. I use to sweat walking up a flight of stairs. Now I don't break into a good sweat until the third mile of my runs.

I tend to wear long sleeves more often, and a jacket is common until late spring/early summer. No problem with that at all. When I am feeling cold I get up and move around a bit. That usually solves the problem. Either that or I reach for a sweatshirt. All are minor inconveniences compared to when I was fat.

I guess I prefer being chilly to being sweaty.