Really struggling

I'm really struggling to loose weight and end up binging a lot on junk food. Would love to make some friends so we can motivate each other!

Replies

• Markjames82
    Markjames82 Posts: 143 Member
    Perhaps you should get a meal plan made for you, take a look into flexible dieting
  • DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    hey rebecca start eating bland stuff I used to eat for entertainment now its Tasty wheat from The Matrix !
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I'm really struggling to loose weight and end up binging a lot on junk food. Would love to make some friends so we can motivate each other!

Make sure you aren't depriving yourself. Eat food you like, but be mindful of portions. To lose a pound per week, you need to eat 500 calories less than you burn every day (on average). If you eat less than your body can handle, you will be hungry and crash, hard.
  • Kimomeara82
    Kimomeara82 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm exactly the same, stress = binge = feeling rubbish and less motivation to eat well or exercise. I just can't seem to break the cycle.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    feel free to add me..... in a similar boat myself. trying to make positive changes x
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Feel free to add cheers
  • kellyb31
    kellyb31 Posts: 2 Member
    Feel free to add. I'm in the same boat.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member

I spent the first month in my life transformation in that cycle. Quitting sugar seemed tougher than quitting smoking.

So, I set my my meal plan to include some sugar for a couple of weeks. I put my "fix" in zip locks and gave them to a colleague. I'd go see her at the end of the day for my fix. This prevented me from binging on the sweets.

Step 2 was switching from candy to sweeter fruits. Now, the cravings have really subsided.