Yo-yo around plateau

Options
I've gained and lost weight for the last 18 years, ending up each time at this plateau. I can manage to get under it, but it's so hard to maintain. It's like my body's setpoint, and getting beyond it and staying there hasn't happened before. It's not my correct body weight, still in the overweight BMI by a little more than 10 lbs. I really want to be a healthy weight for my body. This isn't it. I could lose about 10 lbs. and then decide if more is still needed to feel totally "at ease" with my fat percentage, ability to move, etc. Any ideas about how to keep this stubborn plateau from getting my goat?

Replies

• rajathwalharris
    Options
    Hi!
    You look great!! Go with how you feel. I know all of us on MFP have goals.....which is the perfect way to gauge our performance but at the end of the day, if your clothes are fitting great on you and you feel good that is also a great success.
    I like you, have plateaued many times.....at this point i just tweak my exercising...add something new...."shock my body"....our bodies get used to even the "activity"....if you strength train....try adding more weight....anything to "wake up"" your body and get that extra bead of sweat ...so that you know that you have worked hard.... Change is good....as we all become creatures of habit and it's easy to just coast with the same things......
    Good Luck!