Eat sushi again!

Options
2»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I would never suggest anyone avoid sushi. It is on the higher calorie side for the satiety, at least for me. I just end up ordering some miso soup to take care of that :)

When I'm in a sushi mood but don't have the calories for it, I'll usually get or make summer rolls. My favorite is salmon with daikon, carrot, mint, Thai basil, sprouts and ginger. Usually 100-200 for a sizeable roll.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I love sushi - it's my splurge so I go for the yummy specialty rolls like jalapeno roll, Dragon, Christmas tree... I eat about 5 rolls and a small plate of seaweed salad. I do skip the deep fried rolls, but all my favorite rolls have spicy crab or spicy tuna which I'm pretty sure is made with mayo.

I usually skip breakfast and lunch, so I can use all my calories on sushi. It's also only once a month so I enjoy the heck out of it :)
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned before, sushi really isn't all that calorie-dense as long as you're not getting rolls with cream cheese, avocado, deep-fried, etc. I usually order chirashi, which is a bowl of sashimi on sushi rice, and it usually comes in around 650 calories if I eat ALL the rice in the bowl. Definitely filling.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Chirashi is my favorite too.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Love Sishi. I usually go out with a friend ,or three, for Sushi and we get several kinds of rolls as well as nigiri and sashimi and enjoy it family style. So I don't eat a whole roll of any one kind. I enjoy my sushi with all of the regular trimmings. We usually have one temura roll in the meal as well as some sort of eel. No cream cheese because they don't like it. As long as I get some yellowtail sashimi I am happy. I don't find the calories to be that bad.