Any other bride to be's out there?

Options
Tmr419
Tmr419 Posts: 12 Member
Anyone else a bride to be that's a stress eater like me?? Lol. I try super hard not to, and normally I'm good at controlling it. But wedding planning is testing my sanity!!! Lol What do y'all do keep your goals in tact?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful ring. Is it a puzzle ring?

Losing weight while planning a wedding can be difficult, but keep your eye on the prize! If you know you're going to stress eat, have better options available so that you don't get off track. Some days are easier than others, just gotta make the best of what it is :-)
  • Tmr419
    Options
    Thank you! It's is not, but I grt that a lot!!! We just recently moved into our own place after staying eith my fiancé's mother and she never had anything healthy and he would always yell at me for not taking a lunch lol. Hopefully mow since I'm in charge of the groceries it will be better!!! Stress eating has never been my friend lol
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    Mine was a puzzle ring, I like the look of multiple thin bands like yours.

That's good you'll be able to make your own food choices, it's hard when nothing seems like a decent option. Yes! Do your own shopping, it makes a world of difference when you get to decide, much easier that way.

I'm more of an emotional eater. If I'm happy, let's celebrate and eat! Sad? We should eat and feel better! Hungry? Eat whatever you're craving! I do love food :-) working on changing my relationship with it has helped me a lot, I try to look at it more as the fuel that it is. But there is no denying some foods are more pleasant than others.
  • Tmr419
    Options
    I think that what I really need to do grt in my head that good is there for fuel, not for me to chow down on when my stress and anxiety starts having a party in my brain lol. That's one thing I think I've always struggled with is really understanding what my relationship with food should be. I love to eat, and I LOVE to bake. So I never win :tired_face:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    Tmr419 wrote: »
    I think that what I really need to do grt in my head that good is there for fuel, not for me to chow down on when my stress and anxiety starts having a party in my brain lol. That's one thing I think I've always struggled with is really understanding what my relationship with food should be. I love to eat, and I LOVE to bake. So I never win :tired_face:

I hear you!

As for when you get stressed, try going for a walk or even just have a glass of water. Do something distracting until that urge to eat to deal in that moment goes away. I've had conversations with myself out loud, talking myself away from the food I knew I really didn't need. Sometimes you need to say it to hear it, not just think it.
  • Tmr419
    Options
    I might start doing that!!! Maybe if I tell myself outloud, I might be able to make better choices as well!!! Thanks for the advice!!!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    You're welcome. Glad to have helped :-)
  • vicvicious38
    vicvicious38 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm already legally married, we had a tiny backyard ceremony put together in about two weeks time. I hate the photos. Hate hate hate.

But, in one year-ish, we will do a larger ceremony that will have all our family there. I am hoping to lose at least 50lbs by then and be where I was this time last year :) I may get smaller after the wedding but at least at that weight I loved all photos of me.