keeping it fun! :D

Options
AliceAxe
AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
I find this very important for motivation.

When we were little children most of us loved to run and jump and play and be active. We had balls and toys and played with our friends.

I collect a lot of different fitness items, balls, pretty yoga mats, fitness bands, sports items and DVDs etc. these are my 'toys' . Sometimes I take my toys and play in the park. it would be fun to find some fitness friends to go too. I cant afford a gym or classes.

when its fun it relieves stress and is addicting and you look forward to it instead of loathing it.

what do you do to keep your fitness FUN?

also when it comes to food a lot of it is down to our perception. the color and presentation can be a bit influence. Thats how these fast food chain have bribed kids with toys in their meals and cerals with prizes. I like including variety in my meals and trying new things.
I garnishing with flowers. colorful vegtables and plates. picnics too

do you do anything to keep eating healthy fun?

Replies

• AliceAxe
    Options
    aw where are all the fun loving peeps :(
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well a big one for me on keeping my fitness fun would be music. I can close my eyes and get lost forgetting that i am working out. Last night on the treadmill i had my eyes closed and was bobbing my head to the music with a smile on my face, but you must have good music!

To keep eating healthy fun I love the process of preparing and cooking food. I don't just make a chicken salad, i make an epic chicken salad.
  • AliceAxe
    Options
    Well a big one for me on keeping my fitness fun would be music. I can close my eyes and get lost forgetting that i am working out. Last night on the treadmill i had my eyes closed and was bobbing my head to the music with a smile on my face, but you must have good music!

To keep eating healthy fun I love the process of preparing and cooking food. I don't just make a chicken salad, i make an epic chicken salad.

that is so true. I just uploaded songs onto my mp3 player to fit the different things I do in my routine. like Ive got some surfer tunes for working on my fitness routine for that and youga meditation music , and oriental music , for tai chi and some belly dancing music for that.
    it motivates and also makes it easier to time how long I do stuff too, I can just look at the length of the song ;)

heehee that is awesome, you sound like me, i get carried away with my dishes and meals , they are always very elaborate! i like using nice garnishes and would realy like to learn food art. ive just recently learned how to make sushi.