Need Advice/Tips please :)

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Your weight was at a stand still because you apparently were/are eating a lot more than 1200 calories which is keeping you in maintenance and is that the 1500-1600 now?

Buy a food scale and use it. Make sure that the 1500 - 1600 calories will get you the desired results which is loose fat and gain muscle simultaneously. Perhaps you are trying to recomp, by the way your worded your question? You said the scale weight does not matter, are you lifting weights at all? BTW recomp requires some precision in your diet and lifting program and is a very very slow process.

If you were over eating (in a surplus) or even in in maintenance calories during the past 6 months and adhering to a progressive lifting program you should be building muscle now, and just need to cut the excess fat by making sure you adhere to a calorie deficit to loose X pounds a week and up protein intake (.8 to 1 gr per body weight) while in a calorie deficit to keep as much muscle as you can while cutting.

Take scale weight, body measurements and pictures during this time so you can see trends happen as you accomplish the goal you set out? Which is....exactly?
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Look for:
    - large numbers
    - a way to change units on the front (eg from g to oz), some models the button is underneath the unit
    - a lengthy auto-shutoff. Some models shut off in 30 seconds. Mine gives it 2 mins. Much easier when cooking
    - Easy to clean/store

EDIT: a tare function is CRITICAL

I chose a stainless steel version so I could put my still-hot pot on it straight from the stove. I also chose a flat unit so I could put my pots/giant wok directly on it rather than the units than come with bowls, etc. Good luck. I got mine from Amazon for $10 after a lot of nagging on here. LOVE it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    GJHB91 wrote: »
    Are there any specific scales you recommend?

Any digital scale that weighs in grams (more precise than ounces) and has a tare function. The one I'm using now I bought from Amazon for $25.