Sweet potatoes

Options
2»

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    If you're looking for lower calorie alternatives? I mainly stick to protein and a veggie side and leave the starches for my boyfriend. Or, you could eat a smaller portion? Try riced or mashed cauliflower if you're looking for a side that "appears" more starchy-potato like. Zoodles too!

We tried cauliflower as rice with an Indian dish it was so yummy. Zoodles? I have had courgetti! It's 1 of my faves.

I had to google courgetti (lol) but yes same thing! So you could have a "pasta" like side, a veggie side, and your protein.
  • tammiewelsh1
    tammiewelsh1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for lower calorie alternatives? I mainly stick to protein and a veggie side and leave the starches for my boyfriend. Or, you could eat a smaller portion? Try riced or mashed cauliflower if you're looking for a side that "appears" more starchy-potato like. Zoodles too!

We tried cauliflower as rice with an Indian dish it was so yummy. Zoodles? I have had courgetti! It's 1 of my faves.

I had to google courgetti (lol) but yes same thing! So you could have a "pasta" like side, a veggie side, and your protein.

I guess this is the American MFP? Ha I'm British but lived in Canada for 6 years. Living back in UK for 18months