Does breakfast count as breakfast if u wakeup at 1-2PM?

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
I've always wondered this, people always say to never ever skip breakfast, but I was wondering, if I go to bed at 3-4AM and wakeup at 1-2PM, and eat within a an hour of waking up, does that actually count as breakfast? Long story short, university is out for summer, I play a lot of online games and stay up really late >.<

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Heck you can rename all your meals to anything you want. List them as times if you want.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is just a modern day term for when you break your 'sleeping' fast.

Although your body has no idea what meal you're eating so it's pretty irrelevant, eat it or don't your body doesn't really care.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Seems like everyone has the same answers here, the reason I was asking was because my personal trainer had told me one time that I would lose weight more effectively if I ate breakfast every single day because it would help my metabolism.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    good thing about starting late is that you have less time to eat and feel less hungry through out the day but late for me is like 10 to 11 am
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Try it ... what your trainer has suggested ... and see how it works for you. If it works well for you, great. If not, talk to your trainer about it. ... and no, it does not need to be breakfast food ... eat whatever you want from your personal food choices.
  • Jayco141
    Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Heres a better question, while playing all those games what are you munching on? No matter what time you fall asleep, the worse thing you can do is eat before sleep. I try and keep a 12 hour time period. If I wake up at 7am the last thing I eat will be at 7pm the night before.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Guild Wars 2?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Jayco141 wrote: »
    Heres a better question, while playing all those games what are you munching on? No matter what time you fall asleep, the worse thing you can do is eat before sleep. I try and keep a 12 hour time period. If I wake up at 7am the last thing I eat will be at 7pm the night before.

Unless it can exacerbate a medical condition while sleeping (see people who suffer from GERD), meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. Half the time I don't even eat dinner before 7.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Jayco141 wrote: »

Why?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Food is food no matter what you eat or when you eat it.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Everyone has breakfast unless they don't eat at all that day. Breakfast is just the first meal of the day, so whether you eat at 8am or 2pm it's still a breakfast.