Fitbit charge hr

Options
I got a fitbit charge hr a few weeks ago,and just recently noticed it seems very sensitive. It's tracking steps I'm not taking. Earlier I hit 10,000 steps but I was driving. Anyone else have that problem?

Replies

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's why I returned mine and got a jawbone. There might be things you can do to make it less sensitive. I know I saw a thread where a girl had a bunch of things she changed. Told it she was wearing on dominant he and even though she wasn't. told it she was shorter then she was maybe. I wish I could remember. She said it all helped make it more accurate. Maybe she will see this.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had the same problem, switching the settings to say that I'm wearing it on my dominant wrist, even though I'm not - seems to help. Before that it was giving me thousands of steps for working a cash register or typing! :tongue: Nice for challenges, but not quite accurate!
  • GodlessHeathen
    GodlessHeathen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I do have it set to dominate wrist,but I'm ambidextrous and tend to use both about the same. I'm going to switch it to my right and see if that helps. :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Yep. All I did was log the drive as a drive and it takes the steps away. Now, my fitbit doesn't log steps during a drive. And yes, changing the settings on fitbit to dominant and wearing on the non dominant wrist works great. Now, my fitbit only tracks steps.