Can't gain weight !!

Options
hello guys ! I'm 1,78m and weigh around 72kg. I'm eating around 4 500 cal per day at the moment and I lost 1kg in 1 week ! What do I have to do? Help me !

Replies

• benjsyc
    benjsyc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4500 calories? Something not right there, that seems like far to much input. If so are you breaking it down into eating every two hours or are you craming it into just 3 meals?
    How about training too?
  • borisduvic
    borisduvic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes ! I've been eating 4000-4500 calories for 7days and I've lost 1kg ! I'm eating roughly every 3h-3,5h breakfast: oats, almond, soy milk, eggs, banana (1300cal) 10h same but a bit smaller (700-800cal) lunch often brown rice, lentils, with chicken or pasta (600-700cal) 16h same as 10h roughly, and for dinner quite same as lunch. Plus whey protein isolat for breakfast, before and after every training. I'm training 2days consecutive (1day chest, back, arm, 1day legs) and 1 recovery day. 45 min each (body weight)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    4000-4500 calories is a lot if it's just "clean food". If you're eating 6 meals, that over 650 calories a meal. Based on WHAT you're eating, the amount of volume of food would have to be quite high. If you're not gaining weight on that, then you likely need more calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    4000-4500 calories is a lot if it's just "clean food". If you're eating 6 meals, that over 650 calories a meal. Based on WHAT you're eating, the amount of volume of food would have to be quite high. If you're not gaining weight on that, then you likely need more calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

But at 7 days i would wait another 3 weeks. Its not uncommon to see decreases the first week as your body is responding to increase amounts of calories. Over time the body will compensate.
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    borisduvic wrote: »
    Yes ! I've been eating 4000-4500 calories for 7days and I've lost 1kg ! I'm eating roughly every 3h-3,5h breakfast: oats, almond, soy milk, eggs, banana (1300cal) 10h same but a bit smaller (700-800cal) lunch often brown rice, lentils, with chicken or pasta (600-700cal) 16h same as 10h roughly, and for dinner quite same as lunch. Plus whey protein isolat for breakfast, before and after every training. I'm training 2days consecutive (1day chest, back, arm, 1day legs) and 1 recovery day. 45 min each (body weight)
    You are not counting accurately. Like was said before you would have to be eating a TON of that food to get 4500 calories. Why not eat more calorie dense food like peanut butter and whole milk instead of soy milk? Also if you are eating that many eggs a day and that much chicken why are you drinking whey protein...and 3 of them a day? You should be getting a ton of protein already from just your foods.

Just a few quick fixes to get you a ton more calories:
    * Swap the soy milk for whole milk
    * Drink a single protein shake with whole milk, peanut butter and yogurt
    * Add oil and butter to your pasta and chicken. Also cream sauce is delicious!
    * Eat dessert!!! Ice cream is your friend!!!
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would second what @psulemon said. Give it another 3 weeks and reassess. When I first started bulking, my weight went down in the first few weeks before it started to go up. Give it time and be patient.
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep, after some time weight will go up as a rocket. ur body just not adopted to soomanycalories, and they aren't absorb properly 100%, give it time, body will adapt and calories will help u to build muscles and fats Good luck