Losing weight with an injury

Options
I sustained a neck and back injury about 9 months ago. During the last 9 months I gained quite a bit of weight. My lifestyle prior to the injury was pretty active. Now due to physical limitations and daily pain, I am finding it difficult to lose the weight. I recently started the Beachbody program 21 Day fix for the diet plan but the workouts are to difficult still for me. I try to walk which is also challenging. I am wondering if anyone out there has been in or is currently in a similar situation, and how you handled weight loss while being physically restricted. I would truly deeply appreciate any and all suggestions. I also would appreciate supportive positive influences and friends :smile:
Thank you in advance.

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear about your injury :(

the bottom line - eat less calories than you burn. set MFP for sedentary and add any exercise. if you don't exercise, it will automatically give you a smaller calorie budget.

walking is a good exercise.

i have some limited mobility issues, so i strength train at home using a variety of angles as workarounds so i can do exercises i can't do otherwise. i find resistance bands like the bodylastics bands very helpful (well, a functional trainer would be better, but the bands work fine) as you an adjust the height of the connection point by moving the anchor up or down the door it's held in. that allows me a much greater variety of exercises without pain or damage.