Birth Control Question

Options
Do you gain weight on birth control because it makes you more hungry and you eat more, or is it completely out of your control?

I didn't gain weight on Lo-Ovral but now I'm switching to Provera (pill) and I'm worried. I was very careful about what I ate on Lo-Ovral so I'm hoping if I keep that up the switch won't have any effect.

Thanks for reading my question.

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    With any female intake of pills, be it, hormone, birth control, etc....you have to be careful with food intake because your body goes through alot of different stages and changes....Yes birth control normally makes you gain weight and it is mainly because of side effects that cause hunger etc, but if you consistenly stick to normal patterns etc...you wont gain....

most people eat during that time of the month because they just feel blah.....
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I started Yaz and I've safely lost 20 pounds.
    I've read a few articles stating that most people gain weight on birth control because they find a partner and get comfortable (though those articles were on the internet... who knows if they're true).

But anyway- watch what you are eating, especially that time of the month. I never had cravings before birth control, but now when I'm on my period, I crave anything and everything.

Good luck!