How Often Do You Take Your Body Measurements?

I'm just wondering how often y'all take your body measurements? I just measured for the first time on the 5th. Do you take them once a month or once a week or what? What body parts do you measure? Chest, hips, waist, thighs, neck?

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    I measure once a month - but, if I am planning to order or shop for clothes I may measure more frequently to be sure of the right size.

I measure neck, bust, braline, waist at smallest point, navel (high hip for me), low hip, thigh at top of leg, mid-thigh, calf, ankle, biceps, forearms and wrist.

The more places you measure the more inches you'll see yourself losing. lol...
  • itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    I measure once a month. I'm not too concerned about my body measurements at this point, so I'm only measuring bust, waist and hips.

I think once I've hit under the 200 lbs mark, I'm going to switch to measure bust, hip, thighs and calves, which are areas that bother me the most.

I think when it comes to body measurements and where you currently are on your path to be healthier you may want to consider if measuring too much will be more discouraging than educational.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    I find that I lose more inches than weight. I'm under 200 lbs, and I have never really done body measurements, so I just decided to do them. I measured my bust, hips and waist. I may add other measurements as I go. But I think from what y'all are saying measuring once a month is probably the way to go.

Thanks!!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    i measure one a month unless i am doing a program ( 30ds, etc) of some sort. then i do weekly. i measure waist, navel, hips, thighs for the most part